makes no sense at all !!

Discussions for the Ramirez Berra League.

Moderator: Leonard

STEROIDS_R_US

makes no sense at all !!

Post by STEROIDS_R_US »

My team wins 1 - 0, my team is not credited with a RBI but yet looking at the other teams pitching stats the run that was allowed was an 'earned run". How can you have an 'earned run" without having an RBI on the other team ?

http://www.simbaseball.com/boxscore.jsp ... &cityid=22

This play never said "fielders choice" which to me may eliminate the RBI stat, it just said double play.
Johngarm70u

Re: makes no sense at all !!

Post by Johngarm70u »

I could be wrong. I was always under the impression that double plays were never RBI's but also the official scorer determines if it is an earned run. What is programmed I have no idea.
STEROIDS_R_US

Post by STEROIDS_R_US »

could be. I always thought you got credit for an RBI if it was a sacrifice and hitting into a double play to get a run in can be viewed as a sacrifice. Its not a big deal. I just thought it to be strange.
Johngarm70u

Post by Johngarm70u »

STEROIDS_R_US wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:54 pm could be. I always thought you got credit for an RBI if it was a sacrifice and hitting into a double play to get a run in can be viewed as a sacrifice. Its not a big deal. I just thought it to be strange.
I used to think that was true also. It was in a trivia question during a Braves game on TV. That is where I first heard the rule.
barlights

Post by barlights »

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/standard-stats/runs-batted-in

"A player does not receive an RBI when the run scores as a result of an error or ground into double play."
STEROIDS_R_US

Post by STEROIDS_R_US »

ahhh!! I knew about the error part and no RBI but did not know that about a double play unless it was a "fielders choice" double play. Whenever it is a fielders choice usually no RBI is given either because the fielder had the choice of who to throw out.

Return to “Ramirez Berra League”