Official Draft thread

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

tigershm1977

Official Draft thread

Post by tigershm1977 »

This is a rough draft, will someone proof read it for me :P

P.S. i actually think this draft is pretty good, lacking at some important positions but still
New England Whisperers
MAFL
384-192
18 DC
5 CC
3 SC
and a partridge in a pear tree
Neon17

Re: Official Draft thread

Post by Neon17 »

Proof read it and yeah it's pretty rough, but then English is a stupid language to begin with

Solid draft for us, went best available and got lots of quality talent. Good pieces all the way through
Pittsburgh River Raiders - FHFL
6 Seasons
45-51
0x WC
3x DC
1x CC
1x SB

Total Sim Bowl Championships
Premium 7x
Single 10x
tigershm1977

Post by tigershm1977 »

Originally feel about the same with this draft as last, 1st 3 picks were alright and 2 of my later picks might turn out

Last year my 2nd and 3rd rounds picks far exceeded expectations so maybe again this year..
New England Whisperers
MAFL
384-192
18 DC
5 CC
3 SC
Bucs1010

Post by Bucs1010 »

I feel like the draft went well for the newly relocated Providence Bulldogs.

1st round - I was between the Center Mark Davis and the RT Marv Hansen and ended up with Davis which will help rebuild my AWFUL o-line. Wasn't really much else in the draft in terms of o-line help so we had to make this boring pick at #3.

2nd round - Wanted to take a RB with one of my two second round picks and selected Jeff McDonald (really wanted Concannon though :evil: ) Picked up a TE at the end of the second round...eh

3rd - 6th - Actually really like my picks here. No real studs but each are serviceable. Jerry Gay and Beanie Holmes in the 5th and 6th rounds are projects but they might be on the roster in a few years.
tigershm1977

Post by tigershm1977 »

Bucs1010 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:12 am I feel like the draft went well for the newly relocated Providence Bulldogs.

1st round - I was between the Center Mark Davis and the RT Marv Hansen and ended up with Davis which will help rebuild my AWFUL o-line. Wasn't really much else in the draft in terms of o-line help so we had to make this boring pick at #3.

2nd round - Wanted to take a RB with one of my two second round picks and selected Jeff McDonald (really wanted Concannon though :evil: ) Picked up a TE at the end of the second round...eh

3rd - 6th - Actually really like my picks here. No real studs but each are serviceable. Jerry Gay and Beanie Holmes in the 5th and 6th rounds are projects but they might be on the roster in a few years.
We all know you took over a awful team, just looked over them a bit you need serious o line and CB help, personally I would(if there's decent ones anyway) draft all o line(OT in particular)and CB with my first 3 rounds of the next 2 drafts and go from there

Just my opinion obviously but figured I'd throw my 2 cents in
New England Whisperers
MAFL
384-192
18 DC
5 CC
3 SC
boraiders34

Post by boraiders34 »

Birmingham had an ok draft considering I was on vacation the week leading up to it and wasn't able to do much ranking. Mostly we ended up with solid replacements for some of the aging guys.
  • 1st round - Concannon may spend this season on the practice squad (unless Upshaw is dealt) and likely take over as the starting RB spot next season. Great speed/agility and solid growth projection. I really wanted Randy Smith but shbo is never one to let an elite out-of-position WR go, so missed on him by 1 pick.

2nd round - QB Arouet, I wasn't really targeting a QB but he fell to me at the end of round 2. He'll back up Larson until he's ready to take over.

3rd round - FB Jack Robinson should be a solid upgrade but honestly way too early to pick him here. Oh well.

4th round - K Hester, another accidental pick. He is better than my current kicker Riley Caywood but Caywood has an insane 97% CAREER FG mark so not sure what I'll do with him. Likely deal one or the other or just let him sit and develop on the practice squad.

5th round - A project LB
DoctorG

Post by DoctorG »

Got a DE, as desired, in round 1. The RB in round 2 will get work this year running and returning kicks. In round 3, the LB was a very good value pick, and I think the TE will contribute this year.

Return to “Franco Harris Football League”