Draft Thread

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

luminafire

Draft Thread

Post by luminafire »

Let's talk about it.

Sad, t's 10:24 pm and this is the absolute least active I've ever seen it here on a draft night--at least the users that aren't invisible. I hope that exodus last season didn't kill us.
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard*
#5 Lynn Nydall
#12 Kyle Vesuvius*
#19 Maximilian Algernon
#6 Jim Ryan*

42x DC
10x CC
5x SB (*)
4x COTY
DoctorG

Re: Draft Thread

Post by DoctorG »

Liked my first 2 picks. The 3rd rounder will need to develop to be useful, and I think he’s destined to be a career special-teamer.
luminafire

Post by luminafire »

I thought of taking the highest rated left tackle but he only had B run block and I already have a guard with just B run block so I took a rare chance and drafted the "bell of the ball", the running back who is now one of the top 5 ranked RBs. Hopefully I can build the rest of the team fast enough to support him.

Got a great DT in the second round-- practically a first round pick. Got a decent linebacker with some agl so he could technically play MLB and got a project QB. The rest is kind of meh

These days it seems like any pick lower than a 2 is useless.
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard*
#5 Lynn Nydall
#12 Kyle Vesuvius*
#19 Maximilian Algernon
#6 Jim Ryan*

42x DC
10x CC
5x SB (*)
4x COTY
Edwardoh

Post by Edwardoh »

Nothing flashy in this draft for the Brawlers. LB in the 1st, he'll be a starter. LT in the 2nd needs to hit the weight room, but much need tackle.3rd LB needs some work, but he'll play. LB and a FS in the 4th, LB will battle for a depth spot, the FS is just plain strange doubt he stays. The rest is gawbawge!
DoctorG

Post by DoctorG »

luminafire wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:13 pm I thought of taking the highest rated left tackle but he only had B run block and I already have a guard with just B run block so I took a rare chance and drafted the "bell of the ball", the running back who is now one of the top 5 ranked RBs. Hopefully I can build the rest of the team fast enough to support him.

Got a great DT in the second round-- practically a first round pick. Got a decent linebacker with some agl so he could technically play MLB and got a project QB. The rest is kind of meh

These days it seems like any pick lower than a 2 is useless.
I think Shaw was better than at least 5 first round picks.
Bucs1010

Post by Bucs1010 »

Totally forgot to rank my draft until 10:35pm last night...got a WR and OL with the first two picks but haven't really dug into the other rounds

Return to “Franco Harris Football League”