Congratulations Francis Locke

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

luminafire

Congratulations Francis Locke

Post by luminafire » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:32 pm

40k career yards as of today. A passer rating of 88.3. Fantastic. Even though he's no longer a part of the organization he'll always be the QB who brought a championship to Washington! Hope he does the same for Orlando!

I never thought I'd top my first A+ overall QB but Locke is a special QB!

lowprfl305

Re: Congratulations Francis Locke

Post by lowprfl305 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:43 pm

He is still doing great for me needs better luck in the playoffs.

Edwardoh

Post by Edwardoh » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:18 am

big numbers, I want a guy like that!!

luminafire

Post by luminafire » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:42 pm

His passer rating ranks 3rd all-time for QBs who played more than 150 starts (88.4). There are QBs who had better passer ratings than him like Fod Fitzgerald (98.9), but Fitzgerald, for instance, only started 93 out of 209 games he was in (was probably still playing on certain downs, but didn't start). Locke has started all 183 games he was in. The only QBs who outdid Locke in this stat were Andrew Wiggin (92.6) and Baylon Brees (88.9 - which Locke could still technically beat!). Wiggin only was in 168 games though while Brees (at the time of writing this) was in only one more game than Locke has been in as of today.

John Walker (the other A+ QB I had right before Locke) started 214 out of 222 games he was in, finished with 42,888 career yards, and a passer rating of 87.3. He didn't win any Sim Bowls. He retired at age 36. Coincidentally, while Locke has the #3 passer rating for QBs all-time who started more than 150 games, #4 on the list belongs to John Walker :D. I was so spoiled.

Francis Locke is currently 34, he has 40,318 yards currently and a passer rating of 88.4 and won one Sim Bowl. He doesn't look to be retiring anytime soon and is still ranked the #1 QB in the league with C health meaning he's probably going to be around for a while longer in a case where the skills outlast the health.

The funny thing is that I drafted Francis Locke was C health, John Walker had A+ health yet it looks like Locke is going to probably retire much later than Walker did and he's going to finish with more passing yards. Unless Locke has a terrible season or two, they will finish at just about the same passer rating. He has a ways to go before outdoing Walker's total TD count (Walker's 286 TDs to Locke's 248) but I think he can score 38 TDs between this and next season. And I predict he'll last a while longer than that before retiring unless health plummets from C to F. Walker didn't retire until he hit F health (and even at age 36 he still looked like he could easily be a backup QB for someone http://football.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=4115668)

I was truly blessed to draft two A+ QBs in back-to-back eras which is amazing because the only other A+ player I can recall seeing off the top of my head since I've been here is Birmingham's current center and maybe a running back a long time ago, I don't remember. That's three or four A+ players in sixty seasons of play and I had two of them on my roster. I don't know how I'll ever go back to average QB play, I have been spoiled.

Return to “Franco Harris Football League”