Strategy Creation

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

Neon17

Strategy Creation

Post by Neon17 »

I just counted, I have 365 strategies in my manage strategies page. Time for some housecleaning! :lol:

Makes me wonder, how do you guys go about creating strategies? Do you create an individual strategy for each zone? For each team you play? How do you go about it? Since success is half determined by strategy in SD I figure these are good discussion-stimulating questions to ask. Maybe it will get our minds off the latest scandal. :?
Pittsburgh River Raiders - FHFL
6 Seasons
45-51
0x WC
3x DC
1x CC
1x SB

Total Sim Bowl Championships
Premium 7x
Single 10x
tigershm1977

Re: Strategy Creation

Post by tigershm1977 »

Dice and Darts, jk
on offense i tend to lean more towards advanced plays and the playbook is just kinda for anything not in advanced
on defence i do oppisite, its mostly playbook with advanced just for certian situations
have a few differant playbooks for each, turn adv plays on or off depending on opponent excetra, adjust as needed
i still think my team looks good but im not playing well, still trying to figure out if its my plays, opponents, luck, or just team isnt that good, won last 2 games against really good teams but got severely outplayed in both,
and holy crapp, 365, i think the most ive ever had is 30 any more then that would confuse me
New England Whisperers
MAFL
384-192
18 DC
5 CC
3 SC
and a partridge in a pear tree
luminafire

Post by luminafire »

I have a ton of playbooks that need deleting. I have the majority of my playbooks dating back to Nolan Creed and since I learned as I went, the most recent ones are really the only ones worth keeping.

I used the advanced playbook sometimes. I have entire 1-yard-line-to-1-yard-line playbooks set up there but nowadays I mostly use the basic playbook because I find that keeping it simple usually helps me track down problems better. I try to have a playbook for every situation. Defensively I don't have many playbooks but when I encounter a tricky team like New Jersey was a few seasons ago or the Tigers I usually will write a playbook specifically for them. If nothing is really working on offense or defense I'll often write playbooks on the fly
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard*
#5 Lynn Nydall
#12 Kyle Vesuvius*
#19 Maximilian Algernon
#6 Jim Ryan*

42x DC
10x CC
5x SB (*)
4x COTY
Neon17

Post by Neon17 »

Most of those 365 (now 370) strategies are defensive strategies written up for specific games that I will probably never use again. I have a few different offensive strategies I use depending on the opposing defense and/or weather conditions and I usually write up a specific defensive strategy for each team I play. Its usually pretty simple, balanced run cover, man-to-man and/or shallow zone depending on the type of passing they are doing, and various blitzes mixed in depending on QB aggressiveness and agility, RB catching, and O-line strength. I do have canned blitzing and run-stop strategies I use frequently as well. There are a lot of times I will write up new strategies multiple times a game. Most of the time I copy strategies for green zone to yellow and red zones. This explains the 370 strategies. :lol:
6 Seasons
45-51
0x WC
3x DC
1x CC
1x SB

Premium 7x
Single 10x
jgarcia8380

Post by jgarcia8380 »

I have three playbooks total. That includes offense and defense not each one lol.
Neon17

Post by Neon17 »

Wait how is that possible? There are 14 different zones. :?:
6 Seasons
45-51
0x WC
3x DC
1x CC
1x SB

Premium 7x
Single 10x
jgarcia8380

Post by jgarcia8380 »

Ah, well then 15 different playbooks. 12 of them I never changed after their initial set up.

Return to “Franco Harris Football League”