Well, that was embarrassing

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

montywop

Re: Well, that was embarrassing

Post by montywop »

I always wonder if Phenom would be as dominate in today's sim. Remember, he quit when Chris changed the sim to skew passing, especially the long pass.The long pass was Phenoms thing. I also remember he would have two O lines, one all pass blockers and one all run blockers. They would switch in and out according to formation. A lot of players thought that was a form of cheating.
FHFL New Orleans REBELS
1450 913 5
61x DC
31x WC
7x CC
4x SB

MAFL Chicago CORRUPTION
1100 569 1
63x DC
16x WC
18x CC
7x SB
luminafire

Post by luminafire »

It was before my time but sadly you kind of have to take all of those early sim years with a grain of salt. From running the hall of fame I can tell you that the mount rushmore of FHFL players is unfairly skewed towards players before various patches because they set records that can never be broken in the modern day.

I have a QB with a career passer rating of almost 90 through six years-- do you know how RARE that is in modern-day in my research tracking players for the hall of fame? By the time he hits 35 or so and retires he'll be nowhere near there but there are a ton of early QBs with passer ratings in the high eighties or in the nineties.

No one will ever surpass the pass yards record or passer rating record, ect... it's kind of the reverse of the NFL where records get crazier as time moves forward. Our records get crazier the further you go back.

Wouldn't count me because I was a noob when I joined in the late "70's" but if Phenom had to adapt to the game we play today and players had the added experience now that they didn't have then? Probably wouldn't be so dominant.

When you think about it, the admin must have agreed with what monty is suggesting because much of the patches since then seem to aim to defeat the kind of game a person like Phenom was playing. I've personally tried running two o'lines with run blockers and pass blockers before and never could quite understand why it never seems to work...

Same with running backs being star quarterbacks. It's hard to judge the different eras against one another even since I've been here because back then the dynamic was different due to the amount of activity. There was more of a fervor among everyone to win and there were a lot more long-term players for the FHFL to draw from. Compared to someone like Phenom or geosfreddy, I'm a baby. My entire learning curve was different than most of the players here.
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard*
#5 Lynn Nydall
#12 Kyle Vesuvius*
#19 Maximilian Algernon
#6 Jim Ryan*

42x DC
10x CC
5x SB (*)
4x COTY
Lebanon_Oilers

Post by Lebanon_Oilers »

Lot of craziness those early years. Buffalo posted 12-4 records from 1960-62 - and was a wild card team each year. And then the 1963 saw 10 (yes 10) teams with double-digit wins in the National Conference.
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

luminafire wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:06 pm It was before my time but sadly you kind of have to take all of those early sim years with a grain of salt. From running the hall of fame I can tell you that the mount rushmore of FHFL players is unfairly skewed towards players before various patches because they set records that can never be broken in the modern day.

I have a QB with a career passer rating of almost 90 through six years-- do you know how RARE that is in modern-day in my research tracking players for the hall of fame? By the time he hits 35 or so and retires he'll be nowhere near there but there are a ton of early QBs with passer ratings in the high eighties or in the nineties.

No one will ever surpass the pass yards record or passer rating record, ect... it's kind of the reverse of the NFL where records get crazier as time moves forward. Our records get crazier the further you go back.

Wouldn't count me because I was a noob when I joined in the late "70's" but if Phenom had to adapt to the game we play today and players had the added experience now that they didn't have then? Probably wouldn't be so dominant.

When you think about it, the admin must have agreed with what monty is suggesting because much of the patches since then seem to aim to defeat the kind of game a person like Phenom was playing. I've personally tried running two o'lines with run blockers and pass blockers before and never could quite understand why it never seems to work...

Same with running backs being star quarterbacks. It's hard to judge the different eras against one another even since I've been here because back then the dynamic was different due to the amount of activity. There was more of a fervor among everyone to win and there were a lot more long-term players for the FHFL to draw from. Compared to someone like Phenom or geosfreddy, I'm a baby. My entire learning curve was different than most of the players here.

As much as Phenom passed one record that will never be broken is Richard Coakley's 245 rushing TD's. 2nd place is 160 rushing TD's.
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

luminafire wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:06 pm

You could always ask him to come back. Last I saw he was still playing Sim Dynasty on the baseball side.

I would love to see Geo, traxman, Zimmer89, and Stuthecool626(or Stu), brokehiselbows come back. Having the end 4 come back would make this league more difficult than it is. Sadly, I keep praying it's not true but I really believe Geo has past on. I wish I knew for sure.

Geo's first post after being gone for 6 months in a coma.
From the Grave I live once more.
Post by geosfreddy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:23 pm

They say I died on the operating table 11 times. I opened my eyes to see once more a week ago. I am so so so sorry guys I fell ill and left you. They say the moment after I woke up from comatose state I asked if my squirrels were taken care of. The baseball brain tumor is gone And I will be all in within 7 days. Once again forgive me for my abandoning by ilness.

I feel like the tumor wasn't gone. It saddens me to think that but illness or death is the only thing that would take Geo away.

Is it fair to say RIP Geo without knowing.
tigershm1977

Post by tigershm1977 »

Here we go again, playing miami again this year, has 345 yards passing on me at halftime, geez
New England Whisperers
MAFL
384-192
18 DC
5 CC
3 SC
and a partridge in a pear tree

Return to “Franco Harris Football League”