Omaha

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

Cueball899

Omaha

Post by Cueball899 »

Has anyone checked out Omaha's QB stats?

This team's owner is inactive for a month and a half and is 12-1.

The QB http://football.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=4255999

Has a 48.6 completion %, 16 ints to only 7 TD's and 58.5 rating but yet 12-1 with the run game and D

If everyone agrees I think the commish should release great players from inactive teams for everyone to sign so that these inactive teams aren't 12 and 1 and winning sim bowls. New players that buy these teams just want to rebuild anyways. I think we should have a poll on this idea.
montywop

Re: Omaha

Post by montywop »

I agree. I am tiered of owner less teams dominating.
FHFL New Orleans REBELS
1450 913 5
61x DC
31x WC
7x CC
4x SB

MAFL Chicago CORRUPTION
1100 569 1
63x DC
16x WC
18x CC
7x SB
Lebanon_Oilers

Post by Lebanon_Oilers »

I would advocate for a reduced role by the commish on these ownerless teams. Last season, he made some changes - moved better players up and lesser players down, I believe - that resulted in Green Bay winning the SIM Bowl.

I would rather see the commish role on these dead teams limited to looking at rosters and if a team has 7 punters (as Saskatchewan currently has) then you go to the draft settings and make sure that team does not pick any punters (or whatever a surplus position may be).

Another role for the commish would be if a dead team lacked a position - ie. no QBs on the roster - then they can pick the highest ranked one from the waiver wire.

We had 10 or 11 inactive teams recently, and that was due in part to some miscommunication on the inactive teams being for sale. (Not blaming the commish - he thought the request had been made). We are now down to seven inactives - at least one of which came from another league I was in after I posted that there were teams available.

So rather than boost the inactive teams by shuffling players on their current roster, let those teams make due with their players (with the exceptions noted above) until someone claims the team.
arscola

Post by arscola »

I see Omaha as an old team as they have 23 players getting over 30 this season and another five hitting 29. So they will be great this season but will start to decline next season. I would say leave them alone for now. But as for Saskatchewan and their punter situation, it makes it very hard to get a decent punter until their punters are either released or retire. The draft is not replenishing that position with any good punters so maybe the commish should consider getting rid of a couple of those guys. But basically the less a commish does the better, I like the idea of him filling in glaring weaknesses on a team but not doing a complete dumping of their talent. We need to leave some talent on these teams for their future owners to have something of value to trade. Just my opinion but overall I think our commish is doing a fine job.
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

The commish is doing great. Never said he wasn't.

Yes, he should go in and cut 6 of those punters.
Lebanon_Oilers

Post by Lebanon_Oilers »

I'm not a fan of the commish cutting players from inactive rosters, only because that hampers a new owner. Suppose someone buys Saskatchewan tomorrow? They would probably be looking for trading partners for those punters.

However, if the commish does cut players from an inactive team, I'd like to see two things:
1. No cuts until after the end of the current season (or before the beginning of a new season, if this occurs in the pre-season)
2. Every active team owner gets a message that this is happening so that no one is caught unaware.
scififan

Post by scififan »

My suggestion would be to:
1. Set draft settings to only draft one player for each position
2. Reset strategies to the default "balanced offense" and "balanced defense"
montywop

Post by montywop »

Thing that bugs me is Qmahas roster isn't so superior that they should be dominating against teams that can game plan and adjust against them. Just makes me feel as if settings don't mean much.
FHFL New Orleans REBELS
1450 913 5
61x DC
31x WC
7x CC
4x SB

MAFL Chicago CORRUPTION
1100 569 1
63x DC
16x WC
18x CC
7x SB
max_fischer

Post by max_fischer »

Hey guys--

I am really grateful for the suggestions here on how to play the Commish role in a time of multiple openings in the league. I wanted you all to know that I take them in the spirit in which I believe they were intended, which is the betterment of the league experience for all of us.

I am going to spend some time tonight adjusting any wacky draft settings for dead teams to the default settings, and I will try to make lineup adjustments during the preseason only according to the tips you guys have provided. If anyone else wants to weigh in, please do so now!

Thanks!

Return to “Franco Harris Football League”