Help!!! My QB Bronco Elliot

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

Aparicio

Help!!! My QB Bronco Elliot

Post by Aparicio »

turned up on Waivers!!! when I tried to get a backup QB on Waivers.

Please, Noone claim him.

-AParicio
max_fischer

Re: Help!!! My QB Bronco Elliot

Post by max_fischer »

Aparicio, there are three other people currently claiming him and your position in the claim order is pretty low. If someone claims him, I will try to persuade that owner to send him back to you. That's what we usually do with inadvertent drops of major players such as this.
Aparicio

Post by Aparicio »

Thanks, Max
max_fischer

Post by max_fischer »

Looks like Ambush picked him up. I sent him a message and asked that he offer Elliott back to you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This isn't an inadvertent drop, it's a bug. I'll make sure he gets home if Ambush doesn't beat me to it, and am looking into what happened in the first place.

He had too many players on his roster so it forced a drop but it should have pulled from the inactive roster.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is how this should work:

- Whoever has the lowest numbered waiver priority is picked first. Players with no priority set are picked last.
- If no players have a waiver priority set, inactive players are picked before active players.
- Lower rated players are picked before higher rated players.
- If the team is over the cap, a player with high enough salary to get under the cap is picked.

He was not over the cap, the player did not have a waiver priority set, and he was active. He should have been one of the last players picked. I am at a loss.

If he was over his limit now (as he will be when the player is traded back), Joe Manning would be auto-waived because his waiver priority is set to 2. This would be confirmed in my admin logs:

Side object initializing for the Chicago KnightCaps
Validating team:
Minimum roster size: 45, maximum roster size: 53, salary cap: 128000
Active players: 45, inactive players: 9, total: 54
Active salary: 64759, inactive salary: 5846, empty slot salary: 0, total: 70605
1 player(s) and 0 in salary must be cut.
* Cutting Joe Manning (salary 5132, waiver priority 2) to comply with the 53-man roster

In the actual log, it says:

* Cutting Bronco Elliott (salary 8689, waiver priority 0) to comply with the 53-man roster

So unless Joe Manning's waiver priority was set today, he should have been picked as the 0's go last.

I have moved Bronco Elliott back to the correct team.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

OK, the error is in my log reporting. Bronco Elliott's waiver priority was set to 1, not 0. That is why he was waived, he was set to be the first waived.

Aparicio, looking at the way you wave your waiver priorities set, it looks like you are using them in the opposite of the way they work: you have waiver priorities set on players it looks like you intend to PROTECT from being waived, but the waiver priority setting marks players you would PREFER to be waived. I'll see if I can add some information or warnings on this page to make it a bit more clear.

Chris
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is information on the Help Icons on that page. I will add an active warning to the top of the page if Waiver Priority is set on any active players, although that could become annoying quickly if it's done intentionally.

Chris
max_fischer

Post by max_fischer »

Thanks for your help in resolving this Chris!

Return to “Franco Harris Football League”