Vacant Teams and the Draft

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

luminafire

Vacant Teams and the Draft

Post by luminafire »

I hate complaining but the more I think about this the angrier I ger.

These vacant teams continue to be a menace to the league. The two top players are going to teams that have no owner and that's garbage. Of course the vacant team with a RB as its QB beat everyone out for the #1 pick and is going to autodraft an A overall CB and the Fireballers will do the same with the safety.

To be trying to rebuild my team and being beat out by these teams to improve my roster infuriates me like you would not believe. You should not have to loss on purpose just to try and beat vacant teams with no QB out of stealing top picks. I didn't even try loosing on purpose, I was just that bad, but I can't get a player I need because of Houston and Phoenix so I'll barely improve next season in spite of being the second worse active team this year.

I would rather have thess rosters reorganized by the commish so they actually use the top draft picks they're hoarding then continue like this. This is the second year in a row Houston took the top pick and with their roster how it is the same thing will happen next year. Please do something about this we cannot keep going like this it's wrecking the draft. Take CB and Safety off their draft preferences for the first round, anything. The best young players shouldn't be circling the toilet bowl every year while the rest of us that pay to be here twiddle our thumbs.
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard*
#5 Lynn Nydall
#12 Kyle Vesuvius*
#19 Maximilian Algernon
#6 Jim Ryan*

41x DC
10x CC
5x SB (*)
3x COTY
max_fischer

Re: Vacant Teams and the Draft

Post by max_fischer »

I hear you and I feel the same way. However, when I was doing a minimum of roster management I got some equally angry complaints from people who hated losing to dead teams. I actually don't know what to do to please everyone!

Maybe we should put it to a vote to decide what to do. I will set up a poll.
luminafire wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:00 pm I hate complaining but the more I think about this the angrier I ger.

These vacant teams continue to be a menace to the league. The two top players are going to teams that have no owner and that's garbage. Of course the vacant team with a RB as its QB beat everyone out for the #1 pick and is going to autodraft an A overall CB and the Fireballers will do the same with the safety.

To be trying to rebuild my team and being beat out by these teams to improve my roster infuriates me like you would not believe. You should not have to loss on purpose just to try and beat vacant teams with no QB out of stealing top picks. I didn't even try loosing on purpose, I was just that bad, but I can't get a player I need because of Houston and Phoenix so I'll barely improve next season in spite of being the second worse active team this year.

I would rather have thess rosters reorganized by the commish so they actually use the top draft picks they're hoarding then continue like this. This is the second year in a row Houston took the top pick and with their roster how it is the same thing will happen next year. Please do something about this we cannot keep going like this it's wrecking the draft. Take CB and Safety off their draft preferences for the first round, anything. The best young players shouldn't be circling the toilet bowl every year while the rest of us that pay to be here twiddle our thumbs.

Return to “Franco Harris Football League”