Trade error

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

max_fischer

Trade error

Post by max_fischer »

Looks like KC offered a 1st rounder in the 2027 draft to more than one owner, but when both of us accepted it, only the 2nd accepter received the 2027 pick--yet KC received BOTH of our 2029 picks! I will alert Chris to the problem.
max_fischer

Re: Trade error

Post by max_fischer »

1/10/2027

Trade #73939 has been completed between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Winnipeg Amish. The Winnipeg Amish receive Draft Pick - 2027 Round 1 (MIA) from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for Draft Pick - 2029 Round 1 (WIN).
1/10/2027

Trade #73937 has been completed between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Tennessee Shawnees. The Tennessee Shawnees receive Draft Pick - 2027 Round 1 (MIA) from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for Draft Pick - 2029 Round 1 (TEN).
max_fischer

Post by max_fischer »

KC has sent me my 2029 pick back which I believe fixes the problem's ramifications. Still doesn't explain how it happened, of course, but it restores the pick.
Royals85

Post by Royals85 »

Never seen anything like that. I think it was accepted by both amazingly at the same time. But we fixed it. Tenngit there pick back as it should be.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is what is supposed to happen:

When the first trade is completed, the system searches for any other trades using the same picks or players and cancels them. If an error occurs during the cancellation (which is rare but anything can happen), then the trade is not supposed to complete. In the database programming world we call this "transaction processing"; all of the database actions to complete a task are wrapped in a "transaction" that has to succeed or fail as a group.

However, I recently discovered that transaction processing isn't always behaving correctly. I am already working on a fix. I will check the code to see if this is the likely cause of this issue. I'm not 100% convinced because I would expect the news item to have not posted if this was the case.

If you need any additional assistance putting this right, please let me know, otherwise I will just concentrate on keeping it from happening again.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

Return to “Franco Harris Football League”