ARGH!!

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

Edwardoh

ARGH!!

Post by Edwardoh »

How about a couple more crippling injuries before playoffs!! man, if it wasn't for bad luck i'd have no luck at all.
luminafire

Re: ARGH!!

Post by luminafire »

I feel your pain. I have a chance at finishing 15-1, I'm undefeated in my division, my defense is having an outstanding year (#1 in sacks, #1 in interceptions #1 in defended passes overall, #2 in forced fumbles), Francis Locke was having a great year so much so that I'm ranked #1 in passing but now Locke is injured just long enough to miss the divisional round after the bye week :-\. My backup (who is 38 years old) leaves much to be desired. So much for a repeat. Here's hoping for a miracle.
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard*
#5 Lynn Nydall
#12 Kyle Vesuvius*
#19 Maximilian Algernon
#6 Jim Ryan*

42x DC
10x CC
5x SB (*)
4x COTY
Edwardoh

Post by Edwardoh »

yep, crippling! Hope your defense can crush it. need to defend your title!
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

Football is a very physical game; over the course of the season, players will get injured. Although the number and severity of injuries has been reduced in Sim Dynasty compared to reality, you may still see key players unavailable for long periods of time.

Injuries come in three forms:

Image:Greencross.gif Shaken Up - Players who are listed as "shaken up" have taken (or delivered) a hard hit or have a potential injury and are being checked out on the sideline by the trainer. Most of the time they are back on the field within 2-5 plays.

Image:Bluecross.gif Minor injuries - The player has an unspecified injury that will require some time off the field; they may be out from a few plays to the rest of the quarter, half or game, but will not have a lasting injury beyond the current game. Their energy bar in Dynasty Vision will serve as a recovery bar; when their energy shows as recovered, they will be able to play again.

Image:Redcross.gif Loss-time injuries - These injuries will make a player unavailable for days, weeks or even months.

Injuries happen based on a player's role on the field; the ball carrier/receiver and the defender that tackles him are at a higher risk of injury, but anyone on the field can be injured. Injuries are roughly distributed as follows:

9.9% Offensive Line
17.5% Quarterback
19.6% Running Backs
14.4% Wide receivers
11.4% Defensive linemen
15.5% Linebackers
11.7% Defensive backs

Other factors in determining an injury are Health and Aggressiveness. Aggressive defenders increase the chance of injury to the offensive players they hit. Although to some extent high Health players will get slightly fewer injuries than low-Health players, the main benefit to high Health players is that they don't stay injured as long; injury times can be up to 20% lower for high-Health players.

About half of all major injuries are for 10 days or less, although some particularly severe injuries may last two to three months. The length of time a player is out is both a function of the type of injury and the Health of the injured player.

The number of days a player is listed to be out is only an estimate; players may occasionally heal faster or slower based on their Health rating. The Injury Report page will show each player's estimated status for the next two games.

During the preseason, injuries appear at about half the normal rate.
luminafire

Post by luminafire »

Wow I didn't know QBs injury rate was that high. Combined with Francis Locke's C+ health (which, I believe, also influences the length of injuries?) it's no wonder he's missed significant time now two seasons in a row. If the injury had just happened one game earlier though I'd be in business. With so many of my players over the age of 30 unfortunately and my next two drafts void of picks, I think my window is going to be closed after this year. With the C+ health (meaning earlier than not retirement) I'm probably not going to have time to rebuild another monster team around him either. Bummer.
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard*
#5 Lynn Nydall
#12 Kyle Vesuvius*
#19 Maximilian Algernon
#6 Jim Ryan*

42x DC
10x CC
5x SB (*)
4x COTY
montywop

Post by montywop »

I lost my QB for the season week 8. Ruining what was looking to be a promising season. Personally i would like to see injuries limited to 40 or 50 days max. I am all for realism but season ending injuries is a bit much.
FHFL New Orleans REBELS
1450 913 5
61x DC
31x WC
7x CC
4x SB

MAFL Chicago CORRUPTION
1100 569 1
63x DC
16x WC
18x CC
7x SB
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

montywop wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:21 pm I lost my QB for the season week 8. Ruining what was looking to be a promising season. Personally i would like to see injuries limited to 40 or 50 days max. I am all for realism but season ending injuries is a bit much.
We have to have season ending injuries. I know it sucks, but we want it as real as possible. It happens, look at Washington, top QB went down, not for season but almost. That is why we need depth. So backup can come in and save the season. It's managing a team.

At least we don't see career ending injuries on your star rookie running back after 4 games. Or an injury like Teddy Bridgewater and miss two years.

Sorry, about your season but at least you don't have to play an illegally put together team in the playoffs. A team that is insanely stacked with lopsided trades while the owner owned 3 teams. Sorry but the team should have been broken up before a new owner took over.
luminafire

Post by luminafire »

I survived!
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard*
#5 Lynn Nydall