It ain't right

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

Cueball899

Re: It ain't right

Post by Cueball899 »

jenko5030 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:06 pm Why didn't anyone bring it up when the lop-sided trades were made?
I did bring it up, but nothing was done.
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

I posted this on June 13/ 2018

Trade #72490 has been completed between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Birmingham SJW Killers. The Birmingham SJW Killers receive Moses Thompson (S), Jim Toews (T), Vince Trimble (QB), M.L. Dinsmore (LB), Dan Freeman (S), Draft Pick - 2025 Round 2 (BUF), Draft Pick - 2025 Round 2 (MIA) from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for Draft Pick - 2025 Round 1 (BIR).

This trade needs to be reversed.

The 1st rd pick is a high pick being that Birmingham has a 2-8 record. Safety Freeman has no agility, making the safety next to worthless. LB Dinsmore is a back up if not a career wavier player. QB Trimble is a QB that will not develop. Toews has no strength, no agility, no run blocking. S Thompson is another wavier player. Ambush got ambushed.

This is the second trade I've seen K.C. take advantage of an owner. And the offer he tried to get me to do for a 28 LT for outrageous. K.C> tried to get me to give him 2 1st rd picks, a 2nd, and a 3rd pick plus my rookie LT that was drafted in 1st rd for his 28-year-old Lt Lou White. But a year later trade White for a 2nd.

This is the other trade and at the time G.B. was a new owner. Haynesworth is not worth this.

Trade #71114 has been completed between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Green Bay Packers. The Green Bay Packers receive Joe Haynesworth (DE) from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for Draft Pick - 2024 Round 2 (GB), Draft Pick - 2025 Round 1 (GB), Draft Pick - 2025 Round 3 (GB).

I question this trade too.

Trade #71301 has been completed between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Birmingham SJW Killers. The Birmingham SJW Killers receive Kelvin Tovar (WR), John Kinnebrew (C), Tom Ruken (K), Mario Woodlief (CB) from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for Archie Bradshaw (LB), Draft Pick - 2024 Round 1 (BIR), Draft Pick - 2025 Round 2 (BIR), Draft Pick - 2026 Round 1 (BIR), Draft Pick - 2026 Round 2 (BIR).
Last edited by Cueball899 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

I tried to bring it up multiple times before I found out he owned 3 teams, but nobody saw the problem that I did.
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

This is the only time I will bring it up. I hope jenko continues to improve his team.

We are a very competitive league with very good owners, the best league. We take pride in building are teams and winning championships. Emotions can get high and very involved. We are simply venting are frustrations.

The season is over, Jenko, owner of K.C. is are defending champions. Everyone is gunning for you now. Best of luck next season. I will do my best to make sure you do not repeat in all in good fun. I look forward to the rivalry.

My apologizes in how your first Sim Bowl win victory party played out. Try and see it from our point of view as we have seen it from yours. It's nor your fault, you bought the team fair and coached the team to victory you deserve the honor. After this thread you will never hear another word about how your roster was built even if you win the next 4 Sim Bowls.
Lebanon_Oilers

Post by Lebanon_Oilers »

I'm taking the view that I'm glad we have an active, honest owner in KC vs. one that tried to game to system and got caught.

I for one would have been perfectly happy to let dead teams draft and potentially lose those same players due to being over the roster limit, but it made sense at the time for the commish to try to balance rosters. But that ship has sailed.

A lot of us who have been in the SIM game a while know that the best team doesn't always win. Heck, I had a 14-2 team that was beat by an ownerless Omaha team because of a red zone turnover and a 4th quarter FG that missed by 8 inches (not to mention another playoff loss to that same ownerless team).

Heck again, I purposely played a third string quarterback a couple of years ago because my team suffered early season losses with my top quarterback playing, and we nearly made the playoffs. Explain that one.

I also posted a mini-rant earlier this season after losing a close game to Buffalo, which averaged more than 5 yards per rush on the ground despite not having a center on the roster after the supposed changes went through that would "penalize" teams that didn't play a true center at the center position.

Is the game perfect? No. We can only guess who our best defensive players are because the game still lacks tackle stats (and I wish a defensive player's cards listed the number of broken and dodged tackles allowed). But it's still a fun game that - for reasons I can't always explain - keeps me coming back every season.
abadejo

Post by abadejo »

Congrats to Jenko and KC...or Denver!

Yes, the former owner cheated (tanking...serious problem in my mind..and fabricated trades), but we can hardly blame Jenko for buying a winning roster(and also winning...the former owner could not!). Unless Jenko is the former owner...you never seem to know in this league :)

So perhaps we first should have a look at a roster before we put it on the market. So also for bad rosters!!!! I have seen people take/buy rosters with 5 a rated punters on it!!! These new players should also have a better balanced roster..

Perhaps some players should be allowed to make small changes to rosters..or plau calling....example...Minnesote owner left the game....leaving his team only running RUN plays....

Lert's not focus (I know easy for me to say) on KC winning this one, but on making this league more attractive...for new owners as well for the oldies.
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

abadejo wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:13 am

Perhaps some players should be allowed to make small changes to rosters..or plau calling....example...Minnesote owner left the game....leaving his team only running RUN plays....

Does anyone know what happened to Geo? Last time he went missing for 6 months he had a brain tumor and was in a coma. I'm really worried about him. Does anyone remember him saying anything just before he left?
shbo2

Post by shbo2 »

Cueball899 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:16 pm I posted this on June 13/ 2018

Trade #72490 has been completed between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Birmingham SJW Killers. The Birmingham SJW Killers receive Moses Thompson (S), Jim Toews (T), Vince Trimble (QB), M.L. Dinsmore (LB), Dan Freeman (S), Draft Pick - 2025 Round 2 (BUF), Draft Pick - 2025 Round 2 (MIA) from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for Draft Pick - 2025 Round 1 (BIR).

This trade needs to be reversed.

The 1st rd pick is a high pick being that Birmingham has a 2-8 record. Safety Freeman has no agility, making the safety next to worthless. LB Dinsmore is a back up if not a career wavier player. QB Trimble is a QB that will not develop. Toews has no strength, no agility, no run blocking. S Thompson is another wavier player. Ambush got ambushed.

This is the second trade I've seen K.C. take advantage of an owner. And the offer he tried to get me to do for a 28 LT for outrageous. K.C> tried to get me to give him 2 1st rd picks, a 2nd, and a 3rd pick plus my rookie LT that was drafted in 1st rd for his 28-year-old Lt Lou White. But a year later trade White for a 2nd.

This is the other trade and at the time G.B. was a new owner. Haynesworth is not worth this.

Trade #71114 has been completed between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Green Bay Packers. The Green Bay Packers receive Joe Haynesworth (DE) from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for Draft Pick - 2024 Round 2 (GB), Draft Pick - 2025 Round 1 (GB), Draft Pick - 2025 Round 3 (GB).

I question this trade too.

Trade #71301 has been completed between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Birmingham SJW Killers. The Birmingham SJW Killers receive Kelvin Tovar (WR), John Kinnebrew (C), Tom Ruken (K), Mario Woodlief (CB) from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for Archie Bradshaw (LB), Draft Pick - 2024 Round 1 (BIR), Draft Pick - 2025 Round 2 (BIR), Draft Pick - 2026 Round 1 (BIR), Draft Pick - 2026 Round 2 (BIR).
Now Birmingham just traded the pick #’s 33 & 65 for a backup caliber RB who turns 27 this season and will decline into uselessness in two seasons max. This guy was drafted at the end of the 2nd round five seasons ago and has never averaged over 4ypc in a season.

This garbage needs to be reversed.
montywop

Post by montywop »

Lebonon said it best.

Congrats KC!
FHFL New Orleans REBELS
1450 913 5
61x DC
31x WC
7x CC
4x SB

MAFL Chicago CORRUPTION
1100 569 1
63x DC
16x WC
18x CC
7x SB
Cueball899

Post by Cueball899 »

shbo2 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:53 pm

Now Birmingham just traded the pick #’s 33 & 65 for a backup caliber RB who turns 27 this season and will decline into uselessness in two seasons max. This guy was drafted at the end of the 2nd round five seasons ago and has never averaged over 4ypc in a season.

This garbage needs to be reversed.
I don't understand half of Birminghams trades. He gives away great draft picks for back up players, year after year.

The RB has B+ speed and break tackle. The only reason why he is rated an A- overall is because he has A+ hands. I wouldn't even trade for this RB period. I would waive the RB.

Return to “Franco Harris Football League”