Season Questions

Discussions for the Franco Harris Football League.

Moderator: max_fischer

Cueball899

Season Questions

Post by Cueball899 »

Who is excited for this season? Who has big hope's for a great season?

Are you excited about a certain rookie?

Who do you think are the teams to watch this season?
Edwardoh

Re: Season Questions

Post by Edwardoh »

Oh ya always jacked for a fresh season. I always keep a close eye on my division rivals, i've had 2 season with only 3 losses and still didn't win the division, thanks Buffalo!! Virginia defending American Conference champs, and Birmingham looks to have tweaked their game plan a bit hopefully they can become more competitive.

3 RB's selected in the top 7 of the draft, which one will be best??

NC West Division is interesting, all 4 teams are well managed. And I always look forward to the Capitalists and Federalists matchups!
Aparicio

Post by Aparicio »

A Downer for Chicago.

Our team is just Blah!

We gotta get outta the middle of the Draft, eH?

We are not good enuff to contend and not bad enuff to get blue chip players. We are in-between.

I am at a quandary as to what to do about it, eH?

I am open to trades for High Draft picks.

-AP
AnthonyJai

Post by AnthonyJai »

Because of realignment, I'm looking forward to next season as my team moves to the NFC South. I have to compete against veteran owners montywop (1960) (.632) winning PCT, Cueball899 (1967) (.602) winning PCT, and luminafire (1975) (.526) winning PCT (back to back conference championship game APP and 1 Sim Bowl win). Wow, what a tough division. I love challenges, so bring it on guys :D
vonjoho

Post by vonjoho »

Las Vegas is in an interesting season. Having won the division three seasons in a row for the first time since 1986 they have taken the step into always competitive, but the WR core was aging. The draft was focused on bringing in new receivers as a result, and the coaches are excited about their new rookies, but starting 3 rookies in the WR game makes for a potentially serious weak spot on an offense that is just finding its stride. Calvin Barber is also being granted the starting RB role again this season despite his massive declines, but the 34 year old has been a staple of LV offense for more than a decade and is 210 yards away from #2 on the all time rushing list. a first ballot hall of famer without question, the coaching staff is giving him the opportunity to get the yards needed to pass Arch Stanton on the list before they pull him and put in younger fresher legs at the position.

overall should still be a good season this year, with expectations of a 9-7 season or close to winning the division for a fourth season will be tough this year.
luminafire

Post by luminafire »

Washington (temporarily Carolina for realignment purposes) is in a tough spot. Many of the trades we made to beef up our roster were for older players and now the bill has come due. With no true backup (Alvin Moore retired) and declines on the offensive line, backup running back lineup, and most startling in the DE depth chart and the linebackers we're trying to see how many games we can win with these new holes in the team. Without much worth doing on the trade market I'm kind of stuck. I could try and force some trades and overpay a little but the core of my team is in their late twenties so I'm not sure if it's worth gouging future drafts at this point. Still, I have an A+ QB and an A overall WR and SS so the temptation is there as I do not want to waste the last of their better years. Still undefeated but I faced a number of weak or rebuilding teams so I don't know if I'm going to just ride this roster into the sunset or make some moves before the trade deadline. We'll see. Still, I'm not expecting another 15-1 season or a sim bowl appearance-- I'd be shocked.
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard*
#5 Lynn Nydall
#12 Kyle Vesuvius*
#19 Maximilian Algernon
#6 Jim Ryan*

41x DC
10x CC
5x SB (*)
3x COTY
luminafire

Post by luminafire »

Stocked as much talent as I could on the roster. Going to give it one more go but the clock is ticking. We'll see
#3 Eric "The Red" Elric
#7 Nolan Creed
#10 Hideki Nakamura
#1 John Walker
#13 Francis Locke*
#3 Emory Elric*
#4 Jean-Luc Picard*
#5 Lynn Nydall
#12 Kyle Vesuvius*
#19 Maximilian Algernon
#6 Jim Ryan*

41x DC