DOC EDWARDS LEAGUE BASEBALL

Discussions for the Doc Edwards League.
jacktoast

DOC EDWARDS LEAGUE BASEBALL

Post by jacktoast »

Anaheim 6 Texas 1 (5th straight win)
Seattle 6 Tampa Bay 4 (4th straight win)
Toronto 5 Baltimore 1 (7th win in 8 games)
Oakland 3 New York 2 (sixth straight loss)

Anaheim 6 Texas 1

9-20 Texas did not put up a lot of fight in game two of their series with 20-9 Anaheim. With rumors of a managerial change being imminent the Texas players were in a foul mode before the game.

1st inning off Rocky Cady... Paul Dillon hit his 6th homerun with two out, his 6th.

''I hit a fastball low and away'' said Dillon, who had gone up and in hard against Dillon who dusted himself off and got his revenge. 1-0 Anaheim.

Bottom of the second inning....A two base error by Texas center fielder Matt Smith let in two unearned runs, Roper and Campau who both drew walks. The error was Smith's fourth, the most among all outfielders.

3-0 Anaheim.

Cady got into trouble by walking the lead off batter in this inning as well. David Marquard drew the walk and Les Rauydon sent him racing around to third base with a solid single to up the middle. After Uhlaender struck out, George Roper doubled drove in two runs with a double down the right field line and a 5-1 lead as well as a new pitcher Norm Bashong made his 13th appearance. Cady pitched 5.1 innings 5 hits 5riuns/3earned 3 walks and 5 strike outs.

Bushong came into the game throwing strikes and got the final two outs, Campau on a 5-3 ground out and the pitchers, Roberts on a strikeout.

Roberts continued to hold onto the lead allowing just two more singles, a single in the 7th by Henry Gilbert, and a single in the 8th by Matt Smith.

Anaheim added one more run in the 9th. Roper walked, Campau singled putting runners on first and third. Pitcher Frank Roberts singled in Roper.

Roberts was the winning pitcher 5-0, Cady the losing pitcher 2-3.

At 5-0 w/a 2.00 ERA Roberts said. ''I had a good fastball but not my best. I found I could locate it and we (catcher Les Raydon) mixed in the change up a little more often. I'm not worried about not having a loss. The key to winning for me is to make the pitches I have to make when I have to make them..... and keep getting good run support doesn't hurt.''

Return to “Doc Edwards League”