Why i made the deal

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

BigMacAttack

Re: Why i made the deal

Post by BigMacAttack »

4/21/2114

Trade #1544835 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the Atlanta Silverbacks. The Atlanta Silverbacks receive Ced Doyle from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for Buck Sims. http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12624242

Another deal with Atlanta. Moving Doyle who is about to be a declining asset out to bring in Sims who I hope can become a good middle IF and produce similarly to what Doyle does. Atlanta improves his lineup in the short term with Doyle
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

Trade #1544835 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the Atlanta Silverbacks. The Atlanta Silverbacks receive Ced Doyle from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for Buck Sims.

I may not have done the right thing, but I can see that LA's window is closing soon and I want to be able to get in the mix. Sims was blocked from meaningful playing time by a full infield and Doyle was better than what I had in the outfield minus Hack. Figured I would roll the dice, we'll see how the overall outcome turns out.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

spiderrtp wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:29 pm I can see that LA's window is closing soon
Every time I hear a loud bang I assume it's that window slamming shut
tworoosters

Two deals to make one

Post by tworoosters »

6/15/2114

A trade has been completed between the Los Angeles Miracles and the Texas Hamiltonians. The Texas Hamiltonians receive Bobby Crandall from the Los Angeles Miracles in exchange for Draft Pick - 2115 Round 3 (TEX).

6/15/2114

A trade has been completed between the Boston Pops and the Los Angeles Miracles. The Los Angeles Miracles receive Bunky Hollins from the Boston Pops in exchange for Rick Hill, Miguel Manzano.

Boston offered me the Hollins deal and I thought it might help me, I'm getting older so an OS30 hitter who has seemed to find his stride might help us contend another year or two, I really like Manzano but you have to give to get, in two or three years I'll be wondering why I gave up on Manzano but that's another story, Hill is a bit of a lottery ticket but if he makes high B- control he can be effective. As Boston said in the offer he "can play .400 ball without Hollins" so he gets a very solid ML ready piece and a lottery ticket. Hollins will immediately take over as SS vs RHP and 2B vs LHP giving my lineup more flexibility.

In order to add Hollins I needed to make room on the ML roster so I offered Crandall up for a 3rd to Boston, Texas and one other team and Texas responded. Crandall is OS34 but he's been effective 4 of the past 5 years and is an A+ mentor so I felt as 3rd was fair and apparently Texas agreed.

Hopefully I've opened the window a little bit.
Last edited by tworoosters on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

In regards to the LA / Boston deal TR captured my sentiments with his comments. I've got a bunch of 29-31 year olds who can barely play .400 ball so felt it would be worthwhile to get younger with some near major-league ready talent. Our league is NOT a sellers market and I got very little interest in Hollins so was comfortable getting what I think is "sure thing" in Manzano (6 years younger than Hollins, and likely to be promoted later this year) and hopefully a decent pitcher in Hill (within the next 2 - 3 seasons). Time will tell...
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

Trade #1545814 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the St. Louis Men In Laundry. The St. Louis Men In Laundry receive Bull Sosa, Casper Pomorski, Brad Hernaiz, Roy Neel, David Doyle, Hector Howell, Draft Pick - 2116 Round 1 (BRO), Draft Pick - 2115 Round 2 (BRO) from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for John Citarella, Yugo Gota, Stan Byrne, Fred Bruner.

After blowing it up a year or two too late, i had to take what i could for the assets i had left. While i'm by no means unhappy with what i got, i did have an age gap between two sets of prospect groups that was going to be problematic. with all the action yesterday i thought there might be an opportunity to rectify that situation, particularly since my team has banked some extra wins by greatly ouplaying our pythagorean. looking around, BRO seemed to be one of the few teams with the prospect capital to buy the guys i wanted to move. this makes them an instant and long-term condentder by adding three studs in their prime years with some development room left. i get a solid haul of prospects who fit better age-wise with what i have already on hand than did gota and bruner. plus with everyone loading up now i will likely have a better path by kicking the can down the road a bit.

i'm now building around a projected rotation of Richardson, Wiesler, Neel, Lindquist, Pomorski, which seems like a much better place to start.
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

Trade #1545646 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the Boston Pops. The Boston Pops receive Calvin Hayworth, Charlie Pyle, Draft Pick - 2115 Round 1 (BRO) from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for Hiromasa Okubo.http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12753895
dirtdevil wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:42 pm Trade #1545814 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the St. Louis Men In Laundry. The St. Louis Men In Laundry receive Bull Sosa, Casper Pomorski, Brad Hernaiz, Roy Neel, David Doyle, Hector Howell, Draft Pick - 2116 Round 1 (BRO), Draft Pick - 2115 Round 2 (BRO) from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for John Citarella, Yugo Gota, Stan Byrne, Fred Bruner.
2 deals made to see If I can make a run this year and for the next few as well. Boston originally approached me about Hollins but really I have marginal use for a bat if I didn't get some pitching so I offered more or less the same 2 prospects plus a pick for Okubo instead and he took it.

The second deal I made after making the first because I figured I might as well go all in instead of part way in. I had talked to DD about what he thought about me making a deal for Hollins and he sent me something similar to this and then a new offer after I made the Okubo deal and after a counter back he accepted. The part of this that maybe scares me the most is that he tok my offer - in all the deals I've made with DD over the years in SD ()and probably in real life too) rarely does he ever let me get the last word - Leaves me wondering if I gave him too much :?:
Anyway my team has promptly gone on a losing streak and is no longer outplaying there projected win totals so it looks like the bubble has burst. At least most of these guys are still young enough that they will get better and it's not a 1 shot deal
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

The Boston Pops receive SS Eddie Cero from the Texas Hamiltonians in exchange for prospect Jim Clemons and Brooklyn's 1st round pick (#12) in the upcoming draft.

In Cero, Boston gets an A+ health quality SS to play 160 games a year and get on base 280+ times a season. He is just entering his prime years and is defensively competent if not slightly above average there.

Texas gets a young hitter with a good power split vs. RHP and good speed. Clemons has developed quite nicely and will likely be in the minors for another year before coming up. We have lots of high contact/low power guys similar to Cero, and Clemons might get to B+/A+ and really mash RHP.

The 1st round pick is likely to be a flier on a youngster. I have 8 pitchers in the top 10 on my draft board. If I can snag one of those with my own pick (#8) and add a young hitter with this Brooklyn pick, it will help the future of the club.

Cero is unlikely to still be a meaningful contributor by the time this rebuild is complete and I'm looking at another playoff series.
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

I've been looking to make a few deals to give my rebuild a jump start. In Cero we get an every day on-base machine who happens to play a key position. I now have 3 A+ health starters in my line up which will allow me to count on those guys every day (and I expect each - Cero, Cory Davis in CF and recently acquired Miguel Manzano in LF).

Would like to add one or two more pitching pieces and be competing within 2 years.
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

3/26/2115

A trade has been completed between the Boston Pops and the Atlanta Silverbacks. The Atlanta Silverbacks receive Draft Pick - 2115 Round 2 (BOS) from the Boston Pops in exchange for Roy Canseco.

One more step towards accelerating my rebuild for the 2015 season. My "holes" are starting pitching, a back catcher and an all-around backup infielder. Canseco may not be a difference maker as a SPer but he should give me a solid arm in the 4th or 5th spot in our rotation (an upgrade over what I had). Last year our pitching was serviceable but with improves in the younger arms and some additions I'm hopeful pitching will become an asset and this move contributes to that end. My minors are fully stocked (or they will be after I use the #1 pick) so I was comfortable moving this pick for a major leaguer.

Return to “Bob Horner League”