2,000 hits

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

tworoosters

2,000 hits

Post by tworoosters »

Matt Geraghty picked up his 2,000th career hit with a bang as he hit a 7th inning grand slam off St Louis right hander Frank Wiesler in the Miracles win over the Laundry wearers in Game #3 of the 2117 season.

The sorry state of the Los Angeles lineup this season means Geraghty will likely spend another year as the Miracles RF against RHP so he will have an opportunity to add to his team leading career hit total. Geraghty is the ninth active player to reach 2,000 hits .
Hamilton2

Re: 2,000 hits

Post by Hamilton2 »

Congrats, Roosters! It made me go and look up the current active leaders. Some surprises there for sure. Rob Lovett, for instance, is not the current leader in hits on my roster. That privilege goes to utility OF Rick Nolte whose 2,261 rank 3rd among active players.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

After looking up actives I checked All Time OBP, Geraghty is 6th All time in OBP which is amazing to me given how much more competitive overall the league is compared to the pre NO CP years. The five players ahead of him were all initial draft hitters.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

Hamilton2 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:22 pm Congrats, Roosters! It made me go and look up the current active leaders. Some surprises there for sure. Rob Lovett, for instance, is not the current leader in hits on my roster. That privilege goes to utility OF Rick Nolte whose 2,261 rank 3rd among active players.
Lovett should pass Geraghty this season, and Monroe and move into the #8 spot among actives, maybe even #7 depending on how much the declines have affected Smith
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

Hamilton2 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:22 pm Congrats, Roosters! It made me go and look up the current active leaders. Some surprises there for sure. Rob Lovett, for instance, is not the current leader in hits on my roster. That privilege goes to utility OF Rick Nolte whose 2,261 rank 3rd among active players.
Point of interest- Nolte was orignally a STL draft pick who was dealt to TOR along with SS Sean Mann and SP Randy Hoelskotter for SP Stan Jackson and OF/1B Gino Schlitzer. All three hitters in that deal ended up with over 2000 hits.

Return to “Bob Horner League”