Injury Rant

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

4EverGreen

Re: Injury Rant

Post by 4EverGreen »

FrosteeTBear wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:14 pm Let us not forget--and I hate to always go back to this--but if we are playing real
baseball then it becomes an important point that guys with A+ health--I am going to
use Madison Baumgarner as an example--goes out and hurts himself on a off roads vehicle-
misses half a season...…….broke a finger--misses two months...………..come on people--
life happens so people are going to get hurt no matter how good their health is--and
that's why our league represents real life more--it hurts when it happens to you but
blaming ABE or anything else won't help.
You build your team with studs and expect a winning year--but injuries keep you
out--well welcome to a little thing called real life--AND THAT IS WHY WE LIKE IT...………... :lol:
I concur with this!
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

I don’t see anyone arguing that point. But that doesn’t mean that the current injury system we have here- which is not, in fact, real life- works properly. Because it does not.
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

dirtdevil wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:23 pm I don’t see anyone arguing that point. But that doesn’t mean that the current injury system we have here- which is not, in fact, real life- works properly. Because it does not.
But I think it is because you are saying that everyone with a higher health rating
should have less injuries..............right?
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

The only thing I think about health rating is that players will not play as much
because the lower the rating causes them to get tired faster............soooooooooo
they will have to sit out more often--isn't that what the rules imply--or am I just
whistling dixie.................. :lol:
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

FrosteeTBear wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:00 pm The only thing I think about health rating is that players will not play as much
because the lower the rating causes them to get tired faster............soooooooooo
they will have to sit out more often--isn't that what the rules imply--or am I just
The health system is also set up so that higher health players should get injured less often, there was a thread in the old board from years ago where Tyson listed the relevant odds of injuries for various health scores but I'd never be able to find it now.

I will say, again, that I believe we should be using the max injury system since we have no CPs but I just wish the injuries weren't quite so arbitrary. As an example I have Jimmy Lincoln C- health who has been injured 6 times & missed 85 games to injury over 1243 games and Reb McCarthy who is B+ health and has been injured 6 times & missed 168 games over 1737 games.

Even if we were to extrapolate Lincoln out to 1737 games he would only have missed 119 games on 8.4 injuries and that's just wrong.
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

tworoosters wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:06 pm
FrosteeTBear wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:00 pm The only thing I think about health rating is that players will not play as much
The health system is also set up so that higher health players should get injured less often, there was a thread in the old board from years ago where Tyson listed the relevant odds of injuries for various health scores but I'd never be able to find it now.

I will say, again, that I believe we should be using the max injury system since we have no CPs but I just wish the injuries weren't quite so arbitrary. As an example I have Jimmy Lincoln C- health who has been injured 6 times & missed 85 games to injury over 1243 games and Reb McCarthy who is B+ health and has been injured 6 times & missed 168 games over 1737 games.

Even if we were to extrapolate Lincoln out to 1737 games he would only have missed 119 games on 8.4 injuries and that's just wrong.
I agree with all of this but some players by the role of the dice will luck out more than others--
just like some players will have better seasons even though they should be worse players............case in point
check out one of my pitchers in another league..............http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=13035833.....
AMAZING right--it may not last all year.............but it shows at times we have abnormal happenings.

Return to “Bob Horner League”