First Overall on the block

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

tworoosters

First Overall on the block

Post by tworoosters »

I'm not in love with anyone so if you have your heart set on #1 make me an offer.
Hamilton2

Re: First Overall on the block

Post by Hamilton2 »

I have the A overall OS 31 guy ranked #1. There ought to be a contender out there who would give you multiple pieces for him.

Maybe Cincy? They could offer my pick this year (#6), there pick next year (playoff), plus a quality prospect; and get a Cy Young candidate to lead their staff for 4+ years.

That's what I would do ...
BKCUBS13

Post by BKCUBS13 »

I've been trying to figure out, in the limited time i've been getting, what this teem needs to get over the playoff hump. I just don't believe it's more pitching. I have tons of it, young and old. They are quality arms and it is reflected by top 5 fishes in most important pitching categories the past few years. I've got couple Aces in making at different age intervals so I feel pretty set. I realize my problem is on the offensive side, where I just need my players to match their stats to their letters. I also have a nice wave of position players coming up in a few years. SO final diagnosis for team, just be patient.

That being said who wouldn't want a A+/A- SP on their team, so I'm always willing to listen to offers(But Marquis is almost a non starter).
Last edited by BKCUBS13 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

Boston only has a 1 - 2 year window left in this current run (we are getting VERY long in the tooth) so a 30 year old would not fit our long term plan (BTW, I also have that guy ranked #1). And with recent deals there isn't much left of value in our tank anyway.
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

If I had any use for him he'd be #1 for me too but since He'd probably be declining by the time I'm competitive I pushed him down a bit. but if he's still there at #7 I'll take him :lol:
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

BigMacAttack wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:46 pm If I had any use for him he'd be #1 for me too but since He'd probably be declining by the time I'm competitive I pushed him down a bit. but if he's still there at #7 I'll take him :lol:
Maybe he'll be there for you :D

(spoiler alert : He won't be there for you)
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

So it looks like I will be taking Watabe, to be renamed Mana Yukawa, first overall .

Had a moderately long dance with a contender but in the end we couldn't find common ground.

Return to “Bob Horner League”