Last Hurrah???

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

4EverGreen

Last Hurrah???

Post by 4EverGreen »

It appears that 2125 will be the last competitive season of this rendition of the Pops. The AL overall seems to be in a massive rebuild so making the playoffs THIS season seems doable. But that is probably it. 6 playoffs in the last 7 seasons and 4 World Series appearances has been satisfying...but the absence of a ring has been painful.

With that said I suspect I'll be moving into an aggressive rebuild this OS. If you want to plan ahead a season there will be no sacred cows on my major league roster - everyone will be available. Just a heads up...I'll post again in about 25 - 30 days!

Cheers
4EverGreen

Re: Last Hurrah???

Post by 4EverGreen »

...and if I get off to a really bad start the rebuild timetable may be moved up...
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

While many owners, I think, judge their success on World Series Championships I have always felt that making the playoffs, especially in a highly competitive league like the BoHo, is the real mark of success.

Also the way the valuations are currently in the BHL I would advise hanging on as long as you can, though if you do decide to sell low feel free to give me a call .
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

TR, I took a pretty big hit on declines across the board this OS and suspect next OS will be just as significant. A REALLY strong year this year might postpone my rebuild a year. A disappointing year may accelerate it. I hate sitting on declining assets whose value only goes down further over time. That said, I won't be selling for free either!!! Onward... :D
4EverGreen

Re: Last Hurrah??? Update

Post by 4EverGreen »

I'm a few days away from waving the white flag on this current Pops team. After winning 118 games last year and leading the league in hitting by a wide margin my team OPS is down 114 points and last year's run production (1034) looks like a distant memory as I'm tracking to just over 600 runs this year. Yes, I had some declines but ratings wise I still have one of the better lineups in the AL (both vs. righties and lefties) and still have 3 A overall hitters. Can't blame injuries - haven't had many. So feeling like it's just one of those ABE aberrations where we will never get on track. I'm disappointed for sure.

A firesale post may be coming in the next few days.

Return to “Bob Horner League”