Miracles win LCS and MVP

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

tworoosters

Miracles win LCS and MVP

Post by tworoosters »

The Los Angeles Miracles are finally returning to the World Series after three consecutive playoff losses following a hard fought LCS victory.

This year's team had been expected to struggle to return to the post season after some major declines but new blood on offense in the form of ROY Jimmy Wheeler, a dominating year as a first timer starter by MVP Jack Dixon along with an amazing year from Butch Ratzer and some big steps forward by SPs Kaz Takano and Jimmi Douglas helped propel LA to 107 wins and a 5th straight playoff appearance.

Matched up against the San Francisco Sea Lions Los Angeles caught a major break when the Sea Lions ace Orlando Santos went down with a 25 day injury on September 19th that eliminated him from the LCS and in a tough six game series the Miracles prevailed. Each team won a blowout and the other four games were decided by a total of six runs.

Los Angeles pitching was excellent as always with the exception of a bullpen hiccup in game 5 but the bats were solid as well. In the end the MVP voting was split and co MVPs were named:

Bob Ford went 2-0 allowing only 4 earned runs in 16 innings and winning the decisive game 6 and on the offensive side veteran Kevin Olson followed his excellent regular season with a monster LCS drilling 4 Home runs while leading the Miracles in hits, runs, HR, RBI and steals.

Los Angeles are now off to face a very strong Texas squad who will be hungry to avenge the Miracles victory the last time these two teams squared off in the Fall Classic in 2109, meanwhile Los Angeles will be trying to add a second title to this 5 year run.
Hamilton2

Re: Miracles win LCS and MVP

Post by Hamilton2 »

Congrats on your NL Pennant and good luck in the WS! I hope that my hot pitching performance today in the LCS will carry over. Only allowing 3 runs over 4 games would probably net us another sweep ...

Texas vs. Los Angeles. I think that you and I have combined to lose about 25% of the total WS in the history of the league, so it is fitting that once again one of us will lose! :)
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

Hamilton2 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:30 pm
Texas vs. Los Angeles. I think that you and I have combined to lose about 25% of the total WS in the history of the league, so it is fitting that once again one of us will lose! :)
But one of us will win :D
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

Congrats to the winner!

Return to “Bob Horner League”