Scoreless streak snapped

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

tworoosters

Scoreless streak snapped

Post by tworoosters »

The run scored with 2 out in the ninth inning of LA's recent 8-1 win over St. Louis did more than cost Pablo de Santis his 3rd shutout of the year it also snapped a pretty impressive scoreless streak. The last time de Santis gave up an earned run was in the 3rd inning of this game on May the 8th, ironically also against St. Louis. The streak included the final 3 2/3 innings of that game, his next 4 starts, including two complete game shutouts, and the first 8 2/3 innings of the 8-1 victory. Overall de Santis pitched 46 scoreless innings, which would be the 4th longest in MLB history, posting a WHIP of 0.63 and lowering his ERA from 4.37 to 2.17 in the process .
Last edited by tworoosters on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4EverGreen

Re: Scoreless streak snapped

Post by 4EverGreen »

Wow!!!
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

I was curious if Atlanta was in there on that list of shutout victims.. only to find out that I was the most impressive victory of the streak... :lol:
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

spiderrtp wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:13 pm I was curious if Atlanta was in there on that list of shutout victims.. only to find out that I was the most impressive victory of the streak... :lol:
Yeah that was a beauty, 2 hits, no walks, 7 Ks.

Still you did take two out of three and that's one of only two series we have lost so far this year.

Return to “Bob Horner League”