Taking over Chicago

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

Johngarm70u

Taking over Chicago

Post by Johngarm70u »

Will be moving them over to Cleveland. Looking forward to competing with everyone!
Hamilton2

Re: Taking over Chicago

Post by Hamilton2 »

I'm delighted to have you join us.

John is a talented owner who loves trading. He recently won 5 consecutive titles in the Gibson feller league.

He should fit right in with this rag tag bunch.
Johngarm70u

Post by Johngarm70u »

Well I also quit a league a few months ago where I couldn't win in over 20 season. Wasn't why I quit but the trades that worked in GFL crashed and burned in the other league. Haven't decided my early strategy but take advantage of me trade wise when the time comes. 😃

I love the idea of the new (for me) rules and such an active group of owners. A well run ship doesn't hurt either!
skycoyote

Post by skycoyote »

Welcome to the league, John!
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

Welcome aboard, the biggest difference is the maximum injury rule because you need better depth but the system 3 minors helps out there.

Good luck, I'll be honest the BHL isn't the easiest league to make deals in but maybe the new blood will help
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

Welcome!!!
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

Welcome! I like trading too, although it is easier when I have actual things people might want. 😂

Roosters isn’t wrong about trades here, but I’m an optimist.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Johngarm70u wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:48 am Will be moving them over to Cleveland. Looking forward to competing with everyone!
Welcome! Great to play with you here too.
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

Welcome - as mentioned trading can be a challenge here but there are a good number of owners who like to deal including myself.
Johngarm70u

Post by Johngarm70u »

Trade offers are like assholes. Occasionally I have a smelly one.

Some owners do not trade or have certain criteria for trades. I am completely fine with that. Do not expect another owner to live by your way of building a team by expecting them to have the same criteria. Completely different if you have two teams or just dumping the league. IMO.

On this site we do have a couple owners who constantly berate new owners about their trades. I had an owner try and teach me the "ropes" by explaining why his trade offer was amazing. Then berate me privately and publicly when I made a different trade for the player. He happened to do this when I had just had a medical issue that took away my "give a fuck button" and it got super messy.

I have been on this site now three different times since 2000. I even recognize a few owner names from my first time playing. Here is the deal. I like cultivating trading relationships. I will let you get the better hand in trades if I get what I want. If you think that is a license to fleece me every trade offer. Well I won't be trading with you either. However, I try my best to never be rude first. I also will be happy with any offer you send me and if you think it's a good offer , even if I don't, I am hood to go with it.

Return to “Bob Horner League”