The Draft.

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

Johngarm70u

The Draft.

Post by Johngarm70u »

I figured we had a good shot at 3 good pitchers with our picks and we needed it. I couldn't help but put some hitters in top spots but feel good we got two relief pitchers and 1 starting pitcher.

Some thoughts on some picks I saw. (IMO)

Detroit getting CF Pete Barrios #3. I had him #1 on my rankings.
SF getting pitcher Al Jackson at #4. He went where I though he would go but was who I thought I would get.
Brooklyn getting pitcher Hehl at #9 was the guy I had slotted right after Allen on my rankings.
I also noticed there were not too many reaches according to my list. Really good draft picks. Here is to more drafts like that!
tworoosters

Re: The Draft.

Post by tworoosters »

I don't really look at one, two or even three place movements as much, that's just personal preferences.

The big movements in round one for me were:

Hehl at #9, I had him 4th
Johnson at #10, I had him 5th
Grey at #11, I had him 6th
Stone at #16, I had him 11th.

It's weird that my 4/5/6 guys go one after another exactly 5 spotd higher than I thought they would

Note: all projection assume normal curve

I think Hehl makes A/A- A overall with B+, or better, endurance, his health is a concern to be sure but if he averages 30 starts a year with those grades he's a great acquisition at #9. I think Johnson makes a+/B+ and already has A+ endurance, another guy with poor health but should be a #2 possibly a #1 starter. I project Grey to A+/B with B/B+ endurance, I think he has as good a chance to make B+ control as he does to stay at B- so he's somewhere between a #2 and #4 starter, again not great health but not terrible.

Hitters are easier to project IMO and Stone should make B/A+, B+/A+ with B+ speed. His defense is awful but because of that he'll improve like crazy and should be B/C+, at worst, and can be hidden in LF. That's a pretty good player for #16.

The biggest mover on my board ended up outside round, Jack Charton was #10 on my board and Detroit got him at #19, I project him to B+/A, A-/A(A+) with A speed.
Johngarm70u

Post by Johngarm70u »

I had Hahl at #4 also.
Had Johnson at #5 also.
Grey was #11 for me where he was taken.
Stone I had #15.
Johngarm70u

Post by Johngarm70u »

Last edited by Johngarm70u on Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johngarm70u

Post by Johngarm70u »

Might as well tell you my top 5.

1. Barrios went #3 my projections best case scenario: A+ A, A+ A with A speed.
2. Jackson went #4. B+, A+,A-
3. Allen # 5 to me D+, A-,A+
4. Hehl went #9 B+, A, A-
5. Johnson went #10 A+,A+,B+

I needed pitching so went heavy pitching. I also didn't care about their endurance as I needed bullpen arms.

Return to “Bob Horner League”