25 under 25

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

Hamilton2

Re: 25 under 25

Post by Hamilton2 »

2113 Bob Horner League 25 under 25
The Outfield

There aren't really any outstanding hitters under 25 who are just shoe-in Hall of Fame types. We have a bunch of 26-30 year olds who are simply incredible, but it seems to me that the shift is moving towards the pitching side of things.

Image Preston Charboneau, San Diego Socialites, (OS 21, A-/B, B/B, A speed)

Charboneau looks like he is developing into an A+/A- middle of the order hitter with A+ speed by the time all is said and done. The only thing holding him back might be his low health. He was drafted 7th in 2110.

Image Brad Hernaiz, Brooklyn Bushwicks, (OS 20, C+/B+, B/A-, B speed)

Hernaiz was taken 2nd in 2111. He is 85% converted to 1B, which makes sense given his A- range as 20 years old. He should eventually be a solid B+/A+ from both sides of the plate with red letter speed and plus defense either at 1B or CF.

Image OF Dick Kealy, Seattle Spurs, (OS 22, A-/A-, A-/B, B- speed)

Kealey is the most well balanced hitter that I selected on the list. He has a solid shot at high A/A.

Image Charlie Parsons Detroit Space Goats (OS 25, B+/A+, B/A-, C+ speed)

In spite of Parsons' speed, he has all the tools to be a dangerous hitter for a long time. That B+/A+ combo will likely max out on the power and get to low A- contact. He is the last hitter that I selected for this list.

Image Fritz Laboy, Seattle Spurs, (OS 24, A+/C+, A-/B-, A+ speed)

Laboy is my 25th player on this here little team. He has the potential, with his speed and contact, to be a terrific leadoff guy. There were a lot of blue/red types in that second tier and very few players like Laboy, so I went with him. His A- health helps. He also has A range, which might make a move to 1B make sense.
Last edited by Hamilton2 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

tworoosters wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:25 pm
Hamilton2 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:19 pm

Good heavens the catchers in this league are terrible.
Truer words were never spoken
Amen to that.
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

This is awesome, btw.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

Hamilton2 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:12 pm 2113 Bob Horner League 25 under 25
The Infield

Image 3B Reb McCarthy, Los Angeles Miracles (OS 25, A+/B, A+/B, A- speed)

McCarthy started 147 games for the Miracles last year and the experience seemed to do a lot to prepare him for this season. His A+ bunting skill is an on base bonus and he has a .421 OBP thus far in his second full season in the majors. If McCarthy gets to B+ power he will likely settle in near .400 for his career OBP, and contribute quite a few runs from the top of the order as well.

Image SS Austin Milbarge, Los Angeles Miracles (OS 24, A-/B+, A/B+, A speed)

Milbarge is 1 of three red letter overall mid 20's prospects stuck in LAN's minor league system. A+/A- isn't outside the realm of possible. He would be starting for a number of other teams around the league.
McCarthy's production this season has been a revelation, to say the least. He's maxed contact both ways but near the bottom in B pvr, still the A- speed/A+ bunt combo is a big factor. I think his best case is to be another Gereghty and that would be great, in fact Gereghty's rookie season success was one of the reasons I moved McCarthy up in the draft rankings since they had similar profiles. I'm also still not sure if McCarthy stays at 3B, he may move back to the OF depending on how his improves go this OS.

Milbarge probably has to come up next year regardless, he'll be OS25 and his improves have stagnated. In a perfect world he would have played this year but we are in tight for the playoffs so he's still in AAA'

Also it's really strange, and mildly disturbing, for me to see the photos as I don't use that setting :?
Last edited by tworoosters on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

The Infield

There will be no 1B on this list. Sheesh. That's a worse under-25 list than the catchers were.

Manzano is 70% at 1B, he'd be converted by now had I not decided that Milbarge probably wasn't going to be a very good major league SS. I think Manzano is going to be a a good player, especially given his health rating.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

By team:

St Louis 4
Boston 3
San Francisco 3
Atlanta 2
Los Angeles (N) 2
Seattle 2
Texas 2
Toronto 2
Brooklyn 1
Cincinnati 1
Detroit 1
Philadelphia 1
San Diego 1
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

tworoosters wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:18 pm
The Infield

There will be no 1B on this list. Sheesh. That's a worse under-25 list than the catchers were.

Manzano is 70% at 1B, he'd be converted by now had I not decided that Milbarge probably wasn't going to be a very good major league SS. I think Manzano is going to be a a good player, especially given his health rating.
Manzano is on my short list of hitters that I left off. I agree that he is going to be very good.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

It's great to see a thread like this, great work Joe.
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

OFer Harry Ollom

Joe, first off, love this thread...nice job. And, of course, the beauty of lists is they are subjective and lead to discussion!!!

So I've got to stick up for one of my own...OFer Harry Ollom. Drafted 15th in the first round of 2110, he has developed nicely in the 2nd division over the last 3 1/2 years and is poised for promotion in the very near future (partly due to the lack of talent on the Pops major league roster).

His vitals (with Charboneau's in parenthesis for comparison):

OS21
Overall B (but <10 conversions away from B+) (Charboneau: B)
CvR A (A)
PvR B (B)
CvL A- (B)
PvL B- (B)
Speed B+ (A)
Health C (D)

IMO he compares very favorably to (over?) Charboneau, tho Charboneau's D health in my mind is the tie breaker.

Anyway, wanted to put that out there. Again, great work!!!

Return to “Bob Horner League”