Recruiting Time !!!

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

tworoosters

Recruiting Time !!!

Post by tworoosters »

So we have less than a month to ensure we have 16 owners signed, sealed and delivered for the next term. As I am sure you are aware leagues are collapsing all over the game because people are just not that interested in paying money for a product that,while still entertaining, shows no growth and apparent apathy from the ownership of the site.

We need to recruit owners and have them waiting, we will have a minimum of one opening and possibly as many as four based on the current status posted in League info. I'm going to be honest here and say I'm tapped out on the recruiting front, I've been solely in the BHL for quite awhile and used up my last recruiting legs in the 2099 term by inviting Cinci and Philadelphia.

Start working your other leagues and bring in some quality owners, hopefully ones who like to use the boards and like to trade. The clock is ticking.
Hamilton2

Re: Recruiting Time !!!

Post by Hamilton2 »

I couldn't agree more. I'm cutting back on teams myself right now and this is one that I plan to keep for as long as the site remains semi-viable. I'm still committed to the baseball sim here, as it is far and away the best statistical simulator on the market.

Let's get active on bringing in quality owners! Thanks.
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

Every time we have an opening, I push WillyD... he's softened his stance but still hasn't been willing to... I'd say if some of you other long timers can push him, it may work...
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

spiderrtp wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:09 pm Every time we have an opening, I push WillyD... he's softened his stance but still hasn't been willing to... I'd say if some of you other long timers can push him, it may work...
Having him in the league would create another opening as I would leave so unless he brings someone else with him it's a net zero position.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

Yeah ... Willy has some sort of anti-TwoRoosters thing. It is embarrassing and petty and childish. I know it cuts down on our options, but we need to try to find people with whom we can at least be civil and get along. :)
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

And I'm in other leagues with Willy and don't usually have problems with him. But you guys all know how personalities are. Some are better kept in other rooms.
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

I was unaware of the personality conflict. And I agree that it's best not to upset the apple cart of the good thing we have here. I shall go back to the drawing board of trying to help recruit.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Hamilton2 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:14 am Yeah ... Willy has some sort of anti-TwoRoosters thing. It is embarrassing and petty and childish. We need to try to find people with whom we can at least be civil and get along. :)
Hamilton, we've played together in a few leagues now. When have I ever caused an issue on the boards in those leagues? Hearing that from an owner I respect, is really disappointing.

FYI, I have declined offers to join the BHL from both you and Spider in the past because I don't like the draft lottery and the draft penalty rules, not because of the fact that Roosters calls the BHL home. If it was a wheel draft, then that would be different, as I would enjoy competing against all of the good owners over there (shout out to Lannis Spider, and Frostee), and would even include Roosters and DD in that statement. The problem would be that Roosters would eventually start a post with some extreme political view, or an anti-New England sports remark, and I would likely need to respond. He just doesn't accept opposing viewpoints, so he would respond with the usual overly defensive and rude remarks, and it would probably spiral into something nasty. It's sad that Roosters would let that happen, because I know he is, and would be, a valuable addition to any league, if he could just keep his thoughts on certain subjects to himself.

I'm just here for the baseball. Frostee can attest to that, as he and I have had a couple nasty back and forth battles on the main boards regarding politics, but we keep that out of league forums, and we've been able to co-exist just fine in multiple leagues over the years, trading with each other many times. I know he's a good guy, and I appreciate his love of baseball.

Best of luck with your recruitment!
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

Look, I'm not interested in starting a war, but roosters political views aren't in any way extreme.
KillerG

Post by KillerG »

I'm staying for 1 last term.

Return to “Bob Horner League”