Wow that's a bad rookie crop

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

tworoosters

Wow that's a bad rookie crop

Post by tworoosters »

Just noticed that Ozzie Harris is still in the top 5 in the NL Rookie of the Year race.

Harris has not played in a major league game since the 21st of May, it's currently July 5th, a span of 39 games and wasn't exactly ripping it up when he was demoted. In 33 games, 31 starts, Harris had a slash of .164/.252/.233 which is, simply pathetic. But it's not like any of the National league qualifiers are setting the world on fire, the current NL leader, the awkwardly named Dud Murukami is hitting .210 with an OPS below .650 and would not be in the top 5 were he in the American League. There is hope though if San Fran decides to let Holliday start more than twice a week or if Pomorski can somehow continue to have an ERA just north of 2.00 while having a WHIP close to 1.50 then maybe we'll have a ROY worthy of an award.
dirtdevil

Re: Wow that's a bad rookie crop

Post by dirtdevil »

It's unlikely to be pomorski- he was an injury fill in who's gone back down fir the time being. Go Holliday!
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

Well since Beniquez is my utility infielder he shouldn't have any chance to win and has fallen back to earth after a hot start. Hoping if Holliday keeps his current performance up that he passes Murakami's power but not much else stat line.
LannisG

Post by LannisG »

For your entertainment he has been given some starts at 3rd base.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

LannisG wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:26 am For your entertainment he has been given some starts at 3rd base.
Actually since I am trying hard to get past you and make a run at another trip to the post season I'd really prefer it if you left the guy with the .909 OPS on the bench, ROY is over rated anyway

Return to “Bob Horner League”