Time to sell

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

tworoosters

Time to sell

Post by tworoosters »

So we got off to a horrible start, for no apparent reason but I still felt the talent was there for one more push. I gave us until the 108 game mark, 2/3rds of a season and said to myself that if we were in no worse than 4th place and no more than 6 games out I would stay the course.We tried really hard, we were 35-19 in the past 54 games but we were just too far back and with only 54 games left we are still in 5th and 10 games out so I don't think the post season is realistic.

Everything is for sale, I will keep enough to try and avoid loss penalties in the upcoming years but there are lots of shiny pieces to be had and with six teams within 7 games of the wild card in the AL I know damn well there are some difference makers on my roster.
spiderrtp

Re: Time to sell

Post by spiderrtp »

It was a hell of a run... you've been a contender for quite a few seasons! Congrats and good luck with the rebuild
tworoosters

Re: Time to sell

Post by tworoosters »

spiderrtp wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:00 am It was a hell of a run... you've been a contender for quite a few seasons! Congrats and good luck with the rebuild
Seven post seasons in nine years averaging 98 wins a year, only one title but yeah it was a nice run .

Return to “Bob Horner League”