I'm gonna jinx myself.

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

Hamilton2

I'm gonna jinx myself.

Post by Hamilton2 »

Texas has had a remarkable season of luck so far. After making off season moves to contend the whole year has just worked, in ways that I could never have imagined. It really starts with good luck in the health department, where we have been coddled and treated beyond well by ABE. Our total injury days on the year are probably less than half of what Chicago (A) has on the DL as of today. Anyway ... the purpose of this post is to highlight our catcher.

Leech Bohne has been on a tear of late. His .925 OPS has him listed in 1st place for the MVP voting as of league date August 16. How has he done it? Well, he is currently on an 18 game hitting streak. He also had hits in 13 of the 15 games prior to that. That is 31 of the past 33 games in which he has at least 1 hit. Early on in the season he had an 11 game streak and he had back-to-back 9 game streaks early at the end of April/start of May (18 out of 19 games successful hit).

Just a shout out to him and I'm very impressed and just mostly grateful to have been this lucky so far this year. It has been a series of good luck draws so far. I can only cross my fingers and hope for a World Series Championship at the end.
FrosteeTBear

Re: I'm gonna jinx myself.

Post by FrosteeTBear »

very nice-you have managed to distance yourself from the rest of
us.......... and we don't seem to know who wants to play you? :D
BKCUBS13

Post by BKCUBS13 »

playing with fire...
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

FrosteeTBear wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:27 pm very nice-you have managed to distance yourself from the rest of
us.......... and we don't seem to know who wants to play you? :D
Boston, with a current record of 5 - 13 vs. Texas, certainly does NOT want to play Texas any more than they have to!!! :shock:
skycoyote

Post by skycoyote »

KC, having just been swept by Texas, is quite happy we won't have to face them for another 18 games!
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

All you AL contenders could do with some help from the LA Miracles, just sayin'
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

I'll play Texas!!
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

dirtdevil wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:47 pm I'll play Texas!!
:D :D
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

tworoosters wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:08 pm All you AL contenders could do with some help from the LA Miracles, just sayin'
I would but I think BK has all my marbles...........the trades should have
made my team better.........but ABE isn't agreeing????????????? :D
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

You may not have jinxed yourself but I do have to question why you still have orange health players active with a 22 games lead and 12 to play

Return to “Bob Horner League”