Why i made the deal

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

PhillyDynasty

Re: Why i made the deal

Post by PhillyDynasty »

PhillyDynasty wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:38 pm hopefully Hammy rebuilds and sends assets to the NL :lol:
:roll:
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

PhillyDynasty wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:58 pm
PhillyDynasty wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:38 pm hopefully Hammy rebuilds and sends assets to the NL :lol:
Um, about that ...

We acquired SS Buck Sims ... for our next 2 first round draft picks. Hoping that window extends through 2124.

:? :lol:
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

Jokes on you... I don't think Hammy ever rebuilds... just keeps plugging away...
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

spiderrtp wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:11 pm
Jokes on you... I don't think Hammy ever rebuilds... just keeps plugging away...
Ugh, I know! :?
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

Hamilton2 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:01 pm
Um, about that ...

We acquired SS Buck Sims ... for our next 2 first round draft picks. Hoping that window extends through 2124.

:? :lol:
Yeah sorry - His offer was the best I got for Sims IMO. Tried to bleed some better prospects out of you Seattle but you wouldn't budge. Maybe I should have told you where he was going but then you might not have done our deal.

But I'm hoping that you can take him out of the playoffs. nothing personal Hammy, just improves my draft odds :)
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

BigMacAttack wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:29 pm Yeah sorry - His offer was the best I got for Sims IMO. Tried to bleed some better prospects out of you Seattle but you wouldn't budge. Maybe I should have told you where he was going but then you might not have done our deal.

But I'm hoping that you can take him out of the playoffs. nothing personal Hammy, just improves my draft odds :)
Not personal at all--makes sense. We'll see if Seattle can be competitive with Texas and Boston this year. I would say fairly, but still give TEX and BOS the inside lane to make the postseason.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

spiderrtp wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:11 pm
In this league with the low returns that teams often get for older talent it doesn't really make sense to rebuild . Sooner or later the run will come to an end but why not keep it rolling while you can .
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

4/1/2122

Trade #1579443 has been completed between the St. Louis Men In Laundry and the Brooklyn Bushwicks. The Brooklyn Bushwicks receive Rollie Wardle from the St. Louis Men In Laundry in exchange for Yugo Gota. http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12496451

4/1/2122

Trade #1579442 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the San Francisco Sea Lions. The San Francisco Sea Lions receive Ben Flack from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for Draft Pick - 2125 Round 1 (SF), Draft Pick - 2125 Round 2 (SF). http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12555574

Moved out a couple more guys for futures. Wardle should be useful given time and hoping that I can get something good with the picks or move them for other assets.
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

BigMacAttack wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:56 pm 4/1/2122

Trade #1579443 has been completed between the St. Louis Men In Laundry and the Brooklyn Bushwicks. The Brooklyn Bushwicks receive Rollie Wardle from the St. Louis Men In Laundry in exchange for Yugo Gota. http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12496451
I wanted one more big bat for the middle of the order. I feel like I overpaid somewhat, given Gota is in decline already. But I haven’t renewed yet so I didn’t have any picks yet and the deal with PHI gave me enough young assets on hand that I felt I could afford to move Wardle. Plus Gota was one of the players I acquired when I tore down the last run. He won the ROY for us so bringing him back gives a nice bookend to his career. Even with code bits I do like to have a narrative. We need to win a WS with Gota to make this deal a success though.

Speaking of the PHI deal:

Trade #1579205 has been completed between the St. Louis Men In Laundry and the Philadelphia Bull Frogs. The Philadelphia Bull Frogs receive Pete Hayes, Paul Ruebel from the St. Louis Men In Laundry in exchange for Lou Daily, Shannon Mutis, Draft Pick - 2122 Round 1 (PHI), Draft Pick - 2122 Round 1 (TEX).

PHI posted about some picks and prospects available for major league bats. I had some extra. I took a pretty good hit to our hitter depth doing this, and it’s always a risk trading with a team who wants to become your direct competition but the opportunity to maybe extend the back end of this run a while was attractive. Here’s hoping it works.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Trade #1580155 has been completed between the Cincinnati BleacherBums and the Seattle Spurs. The Seattle Spurs receive Elmer Gleason, Henry Hardy, Mike Hallahan, Eric Billings, Draft Pick - 2124 Round 3 (CIN), Draft Pick - 2123 Round 2 (CIN) from the Cincinnati BleacherBums in exchange for Jeff McGrew, Art Friend, Wes Mullen, Draft Pick - 2123 Round 1 (SEA), Draft Pick - 2125 Round 1 (SEA), Draft Pick - 2123 Round 3 (SEA)

Seattle is going for it. The main piece here is Hallahan, a true #1 starter on an already-strong pitching staff. I also pick up a strong backup catcher, who will likely also be called upon for late inning defense, as well as supplemental one/two years pieces in the bullpen and the outfield.

I am inspired by my team's strong start, and am optimistic that my league leading pitchers, especially now with Hallahan, will be enough to propel me to a WS title. And I was able to swing this trade while still protecting my top 2/3 prospects. Friend is going to be an All-Star, so it stinks to lose him, but I think McGrew and Mullen--while nice pieces to start a rebuild with--are more likely to be platoon or strong bench players than All-Stars. So, while I hate giving up five pieces for such old players, the opportunity to acquire Hallahan was worth it.

Hopefully this is the season that Seattle wins our first BHL title!

Return to “Bob Horner League”