Why i made the deal

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

dirtdevil

Re: Gilbert for Mullins

Post by dirtdevil »

tworoosters wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:17 pm
tworoosters wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:57 pm 4/26/2126

A trade has been completed between the Los Angeles Miracles and the Boston Pops. The Boston Pops receive Hank Gilbert from the Los Angeles Miracles in exchange for Hal Mullins.

Mullins escaped his first year of declines without any decrease in velocity or control so I feel he'll be solid this year and next.

I'm hoping he can help stabilize a bullpen that has blown 40% of their save chances so far and features three guys with ERAs over 6.00
After his first 3 appearances Mullins has an 0-1 record with a blown save and an ERA 9.00
Welcome to the NL, son. 😂
tworoosters

Re: Gilbert for Mullins

Post by tworoosters »

dirtdevil wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:48 pm
tworoosters wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:17 pm
tworoosters wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:57 pm 4/26/2126

A trade has been completed between the Los Angeles Miracles and the Boston Pops. The Boston Pops receive Hank Gilbert from the Los Angeles Miracles in exchange for Hal Mullins.

Mullins escaped his first year of declines without any decrease in velocity or control so I feel he'll be solid this year and next.

I'm hoping he can help stabilize a bullpen that has blown 40% of their save chances so far and features three guys with ERAs over 6.00
After his first 3 appearances Mullins has an 0-1 record with a blown save and an ERA 9.00
Welcome to the NL, son. 😂
He's turned the corner, after 8 appearances his ERA is up to 21.21 with a WHIP of 3.43. In his past 6 appearances has completed an inning only once while twice has not recorded an out, in this 6 game stretch his WHIP is 5.25 while his ERA is a tidy 37.13. At this point if he pitches 15 consecutive shutout innings he can bring his NL ERA down to 5.00
Hamilton2

Re: Why i made the deal

Post by Hamilton2 »

Trade #1598339 has been completed between the Kansas City River Cats and the Texas Hamiltonians. The Texas Hamiltonians receive Scott Daly from the Kansas City River Cats in exchange for John Mundy, Draft Pick - 2127 Round 2 (TEX), Draft Pick - 2128 Round 3 (TEX).

In Daly I'm hoping that I will nab a future ACE but he has to keep developing and get to A control in order to make this worth it.

I gave up a future 2nd (likely top 6 pick) and 3rd round flier as well as RP John Mundy who is perfectly serviceable in a bullpen role at OS 28.

The rebuild in Texas continues, with an eye to the long game and winning a future title. I hope Daly continues to develop well and gets to A overall for us.
tworoosters

Shaw for a 3rd round pick

Post by tworoosters »

5/21/2126

A trade has been completed between the Kansas City River Cats and the Los Angeles Miracles. The Los Angeles Miracles receive Draft Pick - 2127 Round 3 (KC) from the Kansas City River Cats in exchange for Claude Shaw.

I posted that I was willing to deal out some declining arms for 3rd round picks and KC jumped in, I like Shaw and he's been a solid backend starter for us for the past 4 seasons but it is apparent that we aren't likely to catch Cinci this year so picking up an extra pick seemed in our best interest. We will get a chance to look at Joe Baney for a couple of weeks and then see where that leads us. For KC they pay a nominal price for an extra arm while in a tight playoff race.
tworoosters

More declining vets for 3rd round picks

Post by tworoosters »

/1/2126

A trade has been completed between the Los Angeles Miracles and the Chicago Hitmen. The Chicago Hitmen receive Cass Wallace, Win Manda from the Los Angeles Miracles in exchange for Draft Pick - 2127 Round 3 (CHA), Draft Pick - 2128 Round 3 (CHA).

A couple of days ago I posted my desire to move some declining vets for 3rd rounds picks since I don't think we can make the playoffs, KC jumped in first and now the Hitmen have followed suit. I like Wallace and Manda but if I'm going to exceed the penalty threshold but not make the playoffs without them I might as well move them and get some more picks/potential trade chips . For Chicago I would imagine they are tired of winning less than 55 games and a pair of red level players can help them in that regard.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Trade #1600378 has been completed between the Seattle Spurs and the Boston Pops. The Boston Pops receive Henry Hardy, Draft Pick - 2127 Round 2 (SEA) from the Seattle Spurs in exchange for Johnny Alexander, Draft Pick - 2127 Round 3 (SF).

I upgrade my backup catcher (and as injury protection) for a playoff run. Draft pick swap should set me back 1/2 to 3/4 of a round. I thought it was a fair price (especially if Alexander doesn't retire this offseason!).
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

PhillyDynasty wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:48 am I thought it was a fair price (especially if Alexander doesn't retire this offseason!).
He won't retire, BHL is a system 2 retirement league so retirement is based on playing time.

System 2

This system takes the approach that as long as a team is willing to give a player some playing time, he will continue to play. Players will retire if they are 34 or older and meet meet one of the following criteria:

They have spent fewer than 120 games on an active roster the previous season, including time spent on the Disabled List.
They are on the waiver wire.
For batters, they have fewer than 125 plate appearances in the previous season.
For pitchers, they have fewer than 18 appearances (starting or in relief) and fewer than 75 innings pitched, or fewer than 25 innings pitched in any number of games.
They reach the age of 50.
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

Trade #1601655 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the St. Louis Men In Laundry. The St. Louis Men In Laundry receive John Klawitter from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for Mike Clarke. http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=13002569

Stl was looking for a bat and I was interested in Clarke. I maybe should have asked for more than just him for Klawitter but I'm happy to get Clarke.
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

Trade #1605571 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the St. Louis Men In Laundry. The St. Louis Men In Laundry receive Brownie Grabowski, Draft Pick - 2129 Round 3 (BRO) from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for Draft Pick - 2129 Round 2 (STL).

Finally a trade :!:
StL indicated he was looking for a back up catcher and I had 1 to spare so I sent this offer. I get a lottery pick in a 2nd round pick and he gets a better back up catcher
tworoosters

Mullins, Potter & a 3rd for Thompson

Post by tworoosters »

6/1/2128

A trade has been completed between the Los Angeles Miracles and the Texas Hamiltonians. The Texas Hamiltonians receive Hal Mullins, Jim Potter, Draft Pick - 2129 Round 3 (LAN) from the Los Angeles Miracles in exchange for Chuck Thompson.

It's June 1st and we are only two games out of 2nd place, and 2 games ahead of 6th. It appears the race for the wildcard in the National League is going to be a wild one and I don't have a healthy reliever with an ERA under 5.60.

I cast out a few offers for veteran bullpen arms and Texas said "Sure" so this deal was done. From my end as long as Thompson can pitch like he has since 2123 then I am happy. Mullins appears done and a 3rd round pick is a lottery ticket while Potter needs to be in the majors, IMO, to get the improves necessary for him to be a legitimate major leaguer. For Texas an OS33 reliever is a bit of a luxury and they get a potential back end of the rotation starter who is only OS24 plus a warm body and a 3rd round pick .

Return to “Bob Horner League”