Why i made the deal

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

4EverGreen

Re: Why i made the deal

Post by 4EverGreen »

8/3/2118

A trade has been completed between the Boston Pops and the Detroit Space Goats. The Detroit Space Goats receive Fritz King, Doc "Redrum" Nicholson, Draft Pick - 2119 Round 1 (BOS) from the Boston Pops in exchange for Noru Azawa.

My 3rd deal to strengthen my pitching staff (bullpen in particular). I've now added three red letter control guys to better supplement my potent offense. I hope this is enough to get us back to the playoffs for the first time since 2107. Of course ABE being ABE he has just put three of my B health pitchers on the DL...not sure how to solve for that!

I'm hopeful that declines aren't too bad for Azawa this OS and am hopeful he can be an asset for at least 3 more seasons. I've thinned out my minors a bit from these deals but I am fully in "pay to play" mode so big picture I was ok with the costs.
tworoosters

Wertz for a couple of picks

Post by tworoosters »

4/1/2119

A trade has been completed between the Los Angeles Miracles and the Philadelphia Bull Frogs. The Philadelphia Bull Frogs receive Terry Wertz from the Los Angeles Miracles in exchange for Draft Pick - 2120 Round 2 (PHI), Draft Pick - 2121 Round 3 (PHI).

My team's run of being competitive is over, we squeaked out 90 wins last year but were absolutely gutted by declines so I felt the need to grab some futures and open up some playing time for some "slightly past their best before date prospects". Wertz is still a very good player, he's still red lettered in contact and power both sides and still has red letter speed and A+ bunting plus he's still catcher eligible but he's OS36 and is a shitty mentor. Boston had come knocking about Wertz in the OS but chose a less costly route so I offered this deal to Phillie and they, wisely I think, accepted. I think I sold low but it's hard to make a deal right now and I didn't want to either deny PT to a prospect or leave Wertz on the bench so it's done.
Last edited by tworoosters on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tworoosters

deSantis for a prospect, a 1st and a warm body

Post by tworoosters »

4/1/2119

A trade has been completed between the Los Angeles Miracles and the Texas Hamiltonians. The Texas Hamiltonians receive Pablo de Santis from the Los Angeles Miracles in exchange for Charlie Grimsley, Marsh Tanner, Draft Pick - 2120 Round 1 (TEX).

I need a rebuild but I don't want to spend 3-5 years in penalty phase so rather than sell everything I sold my best pitcher. de Santis is A overall and OS33, his maxed control should keep him viable through a couple of years of decline, or 5-6 in Texas :D, but I have been unsuccessful in leveraging a solid SP prospect out of anyone in previous discussions, apparently because you just can't give up young pitching that might make A overall in order to attain pitching that is already A overall, so I looked for the next best thing, a good relief prospect with C+ endurance and found one in Tanner.

Tanner isn't perfect but he has improved well in the minors and should make A+(maxed)/B, possibly low B+ and end up with B endurance, as well I get a playoff 1st and an arm that can make 30+ starts this year and not embarrass us. It's not as much as I would like for de Santis but it's what I could get
Last edited by tworoosters on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

I agree with rooster completely. He gets a good pitching prospect and a 1st round pick. I add a stud at the top of my rotation to hopefully win another title. Fingers crossed for luck. He is injured after two good second starts and will miss a month.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

Hamilton2 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:43 pm I agree with rooster completely. He gets a good pitching prospect and a 1st round pick. I add a stud at the top of my rotation to hopefully win another title. Fingers crossed for luck. He is injured after two good second starts and will miss a month.
It's his 10th injury in 12+ seasons, which I guess is about par for D+ health . I just assumed they would stop once he was traded to Texas
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

The injury is just bad luck. I'm not complaining. Over time they all balance out. the season that we won the world series a couple years ago we had absolutely ridiculously good injury luck. It's all good. :lol:
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

Trade #1566702 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the Washington Sinners. The Washington Sinners receive Fred Bruner, Goob Patton from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for Al McTigue, Draft Pick - 2121 Round 1 (WAS), Draft Pick - 2122 Round 1 (WAS), Draft Pick - 2120 Round 2 (WAS).

Washington is the second person who had come to me at the beginning of this year looking to add some pitching - the other team did not get the start I think they were looking for and may have cooled on the idea of a deal. Washington offered me a different deal for these two but I countered with this insisting that McTigue http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=12918769 be in any deal for Patton. I also sent a bunch of counters with other combinations of pitchers but this is what Washington took.

Hopefully I haven't thinned my depth too much but with the current emergence of a couple of guys in my bullpen I thought that I would try to get some draft picks and prospects to try to extend my run.
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

Trade #1566814 has been completed between the Philadelphia Bull Frogs and the Brooklyn Bushwicks. The Brooklyn Bushwicks receive Mark MacFayden http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12624188 from the Philadelphia Bull Frogs in exchange for Draft Pick - 2120 Round 2 (WAS), Draft Pick - 2120 Round 3 (BRO).

Philly and I have been going back and forth to try to work out a deal for me to get some depth pitching and this is a deal we could both live with. I give up a 2nd and 3rd for a middle of the bullpen guy. With the picks I added in recent deals it didn't seem like a big cost.
tworoosters

Hollins for a 2nd

Post by tworoosters »

4/8/2120

A trade has been completed between the Los Angeles Miracles and the Philadelphia Bull Frogs. The Philadelphia Bull Frogs receive Bunky Hollins from the Los Angeles Miracles in exchange for Draft Pick - 2121 Round 2 (PHI).

Philly posted that he was looking for bats and age wasn't an issue so I offered up Hollins for a 2nd round pick and after some thought the deal was accepted.

For me I am in full rebuild and while Hollins is still a useful player, multi positions and still highly rated vs LHP, he's a mediocre mentor and not likely to do much to stop me from being terrible this year. Philly gets a useful bat/weak side platoon middle infielder at a reasonable price.
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

Trade #1570789 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the Chicago Hitmen. The Chicago Hitmen receive Draft Pick - 2121 Round 2 (BRO) from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for Paul King. http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12463686

This OS I was hoping to improve my rotation and my lineup a bit on the cheap if possible. I hope getting this guy http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id ... imps=stats in the draft will help my rotation and a 2nd round pick for King seems like a good deal specially since I think/hope he can be productive for a couple more years and he only cost me a 2nd round pick in a year that I have 2 #1s.

Return to “Bob Horner League”