Why i made the deal

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

Hamilton2

Why i made the deal

Post by Hamilton2 »

I traded a 1st round pick to Boston for sp Alston. He is 35 already bit I'm banking on his a health and mild decline year to get 2+seasons out of him. If i can hold onto my last in the al and make a ws appearance or two I'll be happy here.
tworoosters

Re: Why i made the deal

Post by tworoosters »

I'm guessing we're never going to get the threads from the old message board back which is painful on a bunch of levels but more than any other to me is the loss of the "Why I made the deal" thread in the BoHo
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

Trade #1523723 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the Seattle Spurs. The Seattle Spurs receive Win Manda, Kevin Mattingly, Draft Pick - 2110 Round 3 (BRO) from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for Tim Martin. http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12591373

After going back and forth with Seattle a few times we decided on this deal. He was interested in moving Martin who had not converted a lot of improvements since being drafted (3 last year and I think only 1 when we made the deal this year) and I figured that even if he converted minimal improvements he does not have that far to become a useful arm, but not the hopefully elite arm Seattle had hoped who he drafted him. I gave him Manda and Mattingly who are in my view potentially useful players that have their flaws.

Hopefully Martin keeps improving better in the Brooklyn system than Seattle's and becomes what he was drafted to be. Hopefully for Seattle Manda and Mattingly become good players.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

BigMacAttack wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:00 am Trade #1523723 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the Seattle Spurs. The Seattle Spurs receive Win Manda, Kevin Mattingly, Draft Pick - 2110 Round 3 (BRO) from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for Tim Martin. http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12591373

After going back and forth with Seattle a few times we decided on this deal. He was interested in moving Martin who had not converted a lot of improvements since being drafted (3 last year and I think only 1 when we made the deal this year) and I figured that even if he converted minimal improvements he does not have that far to become a useful arm, but not the hopefully elite arm Seattle had hoped who he drafted him. I gave him Manda and Mattingly who are in my view potentially useful players that have their flaws.

Hopefully Martin keeps improving better in the Brooklyn system than Seattle's and becomes what he was drafted to be. Hopefully for Seattle Manda and Mattingly become good players.
I was highly motivated to move Martin and his 4/60ish improves at the time of the trade. I was afraid he was a bust and would be an ineffective A-/B- pitcher for his career. I knew it was a risk because he could be a bust in minors/boom in majors type, but I hoped to get a couple useful pieces out the second overall pick.

Manda and Mattingly may be those useful pieces, or they may be quality backups on a playoff team. I am afraid they are 'low-ceiling' types, but if even one can be a solid starter, then that will be good. Manda may turn out to be a solid starter, but will need better luck with his offensive vR improves than he's had this season.

I will be keeping a close eye on Martin's progress. He may make me regret giving up on him too early.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Trade #1526133 has been completed between the Seattle Spurs and the Boston Pops. The Boston Pops receive Orlando Welchonce, Draft Pick - 2110 Round 3 (BRO) from the Seattle Spurs in exchange for Pat Oliva.

Boston placed Oliva on the trade block last year and said they were looking for young pitching. I liked Oliva's improvement rate, his power splits, and his health. I could use some more bats in my minors, so I reached out to make a deal. We went back and forth a couple of times and were close to a two pitcher trade on my end at one point for Oliva and a draft pick, but Boston decided that they wanted as many draft picks as possible. Boston previously rejected a 1:1 with Welchonce and Oliva, but my adding a (very early) third round pick was enough to sweeten the deal.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

tworoosters wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:03 am I'm guessing we're never going to get the threads from the old message board back which is painful on a bunch of levels but more than any other to me is the loss of the "Why I made the deal" thread in the BoHo
They will come back. We preserved the entire database. I just have to find a way to present them without accessing any of the old board code. It's possible that they will be displayed without the BBCode being interpreted.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

Admin wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 pm
tworoosters wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:03 am I'm guessing we're never going to get the threads from the old message board back which is painful on a bunch of levels but more than any other to me is the loss of the "Why I made the deal" thread in the BoHo
They will come back. We preserved the entire database. I just have to find a way to present them without accessing any of the old board code. It's possible that they will be displayed without the BBCode being interpreted.

Chris
That's great news Chris
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

Trade #1526610 has been completed between the Seattle Spurs and the Atlanta Silverbacks. The Atlanta Silverbacks receive Draft Pick - 2112 Round 2 (SEA), Draft Pick - 2111 Round 2 (CIN), Draft Pick - 2111 Round 1 (SEA) from the Seattle Spurs in exchange for Draft Pick - 2110 Round 1 (ATL).

A lot of back and forth between Seattle and Atlanta came to this. I decided to roll the dice despite this being a pretty good draft to pick up 2 extra seconds... as well as having 2 1sts next season. We'll keep our fingers crossed as to how the lottery balls bounce for all the picks.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

spiderrtp wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:23 pm Trade #1526610 has been completed between the Seattle Spurs and the Atlanta Silverbacks. The Atlanta Silverbacks receive Draft Pick - 2112 Round 2 (SEA), Draft Pick - 2111 Round 2 (CIN), Draft Pick - 2111 Round 1 (SEA) from the Seattle Spurs in exchange for Draft Pick - 2110 Round 1 (ATL).
I'm excited to have the second and third pick in this draft. There are two players that I really want, though I suspect my top choice will go first overall. Either way, this was a good opportunity for me to guarantee an impact prospect and that is worth giving up a lottery chance next year, an early second round pick, and a possible playoff pick. I hoped to move up via a trade with another team at a lower cost, but ultimately that deal fell through. We'll see how this deal looks next season after the ping pong balls are pulled!
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

PhillyDynasty wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:26 pm
spiderrtp wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:23 pm Trade #1526610 has been completed between the Seattle Spurs and the Atlanta Silverbacks. The Atlanta Silverbacks receive Draft Pick - 2112 Round 2 (SEA), Draft Pick - 2111 Round 2 (CIN), Draft Pick - 2111 Round 1 (SEA) from the Seattle Spurs in exchange for Draft Pick - 2110 Round 1 (ATL).
I'm excited to have the second and third pick in this draft. There are two players that I really want, though I suspect my top choice will go first overall. Either way, this was a good opportunity for me to guarantee an impact prospect and that is worth giving up a lottery chance next year, an early second round pick, and a possible playoff pick. I hoped to move up via a trade with another team at a lower cost, but ultimately that deal fell through. We'll see how this deal looks next season after the ping pong balls are pulled!
My #1 went first overall, which I figured. Still happy enough with the outcome.

Return to “Bob Horner League”