Why i made the deal

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

Hamilton2

Re: Why i made the deal

Post by Hamilton2 »

Trade #1685701 has been completed between the Texas Hamiltonians and the San Francisco Sea Lions. The San Francisco Sea Lions receive Charlie Williams, Charlie Kipper, Jerry Miksis, Phil Fletcher, and a 2146 1st round draft pick for Ed Huntzinger.

I don't know what I'm thinking. We were 70-92 last season. Kansas City can't win forever. Boston is aging. Maybe acquiring a top-end SP jump-starts our next competitive window. Huntzinger fits the bill. He is OS 29 with a B+/A+ split and has improved decently. I was honestly hoping for another 1-3 improves in velo/control in the OS, but I guess that wasn't supposed to happen.

I gave up Kipper, who has a decent shot at B-/A+ vs. RHP, though if he stalls out at C+/A+ I won't be surprised. Miksis, who is a former 3rd round pick and has improved astonishingly well and now has an outside shot at being an A- overall hitter. Fletcher, who is a very interesting prospect with red letter speed and bunting; and a 1st round pick out in the future. It is 3 young hitters, OS 22 for each of them. All of them may hit great improves and turn into all-stars. All of them might stall out and be bench depth guys. It is basically 4 question marks with high upside for a sure-thing with less time before declines.
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

Rebuild begins with a flurry in Brooklyn

Trade #1686119 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the Texas Hamiltonians. The Texas Hamiltonians receive Ed Shocker, E.J. Cooper, Tom Johnson from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for Tom Macha, Bob Calhoun, Ed Mitchell, Johnny Dipoto, Bob Hughes, Phil Mahon, Dave Pizarro, Tom Smith, Draft Pick - 2145 Round 1 (TEX).

Trade #1686129 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the Chicago Knights. The Chicago Knights receive Brady Sizemore, Bob Logan, Frank Varitek, Bobby Pramesa from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for Darryl Nunez, Bob Hanson, King Kelly, Draft Pick - 2145 Round 1 (CHA), Draft Pick - 2146 Round 1 (CHA), Draft Pick - 2146 Round 2 (CHA).

Trade #1686141 has been completed between the Chicago Knights and the Brooklyn Bushwicks. The Brooklyn Bushwicks receive Casper Schallock, Pee-Wee Sanford from the Chicago Knights in exchange for Teruyoshi Kondo, Osamu Enomoto.

Moved out 9 pieces - 3 pitchers and 6 hitters to the AL for hopefully a bunch of good stuff.

In the Texas deal the guy I'm most excited about is Pizarro - hoping he can get to B- ednurance and become an ace starter. Mahone hopefully can become a useful catcher. Dipoto hopefully with some ABs is a useful guy, Mitchell I hope that power versus righties develops. http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=13558733

In the 1st Chicago deal Kelly hopefully can become a stud reliever, Hanson and Nunez with ABs who knows and those 1st rounders I hope will be good or be able to flip for something good. http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=13558731

In the 2nd Chicago deal I get a couple of lottery picks for an aging catcher who hopefully can help him and a reliever that maybe will be good for him.
http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=13395693
tworoosters

A 1st & a couple of prospects for Fernandez

Post by tworoosters »

4/1/2144

A trade has been completed between the Los Angeles Miracles and the San Francisco Sea Lions. The San Francisco Sea Lions receive Jim Statz, Matt Riordan, Draft Pick - 2145 Round 1 (LAN) from the Los Angeles Miracles in exchange for Edgar Fernandez.

San Francisco announced their intention to retool so I looked what was there, a couple of shiny things caught my eye so I made a couple of offers and this one was accepted. Our pitching is middle of the pack so the chance to add an A overall SP was top of my list. Fernandez has been exclusively used as a reliever so his endurance has been knocked down to B- but his numbers are good and he immediately becomes my top starter, for this year at least. In return San Francisco gets a 1st rounder next year, a top end prospect in Riordan and a lottery ticket in Statz.

With Brooklyn and San Francisco both changing gears I'm hoping there's an opportunity for Los Angeles to sneak into the post season and an arm like Fernandez is always going to help our chances. The fact that Fernandez has 3 full years before decline and good health were also pluses for me in this deal. Riordan is almost B/B vs RHP and with red letter speed and A bunting should be a very good top of the order hitter.
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

Pops Rebuild Underway

4/6/2144

A trade has been completed between the Boston Pops and the Chicago Knights. The Chicago Knights receive Roy "Com" Padre, Dax Cruz from the Boston Pops in exchange for Tom McDonald, Dick Knowles, Gus Slaton, John Mallette, Harry Wehde.

So after 4 straight trips to the Fall Classic and pulling a Buffalo Bills redux (i.e., 0 for 4 in consecutive "big games") AND watching several teams continue their ascent in the AL (Seattle in particular) AND watching Chicago make some major offseason deals to become a player I felt it was time to begin a sell off and rebuild our barren farm system. This deal does just that. Both Padre and Cruz are in their primes and will help Chicago immediately. I get 5 pieces that help now and in the future. Knowles immediately moves into the lineup. I project he could end up like Padre in a couple of seasons. McDonald and Mallette will be my next 2 promotions when the injury bug bites my pitching staff. I love utility guys who give me infield depth and Slaton does just that (and at OS27 he might develop enough to become a starter). And then there is wild card Wehde. Not sure what he'll become but I love A+ health guys so I'm hopeful he can at least become a versatile and reliable backup (read - depth) in the outfield for the future.

Onward...
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

Pops Get Younger

4/8/2144

A trade has been completed between the Boston Pops and the St. Louis Men In Laundry. The St. Louis Men In Laundry receive Tom McDonald from the Boston Pops in exchange for Randy Brohamer.

No sooner did the ink dry on my deal with Chicago that brought Tom McDonald east to Boston is he shipped back out to the Midwest 2 days later. We've traded FOR McDonald twice and have now traded him AWAY twice. He is NOT feeling the love in Bean Town!!!

Anyway, McDonald was going to be in my bullpen for the next 5 years, helping us to stay competitive and avoid any embarrassing loss penalties. But I do need to get younger and when St. Louis asked about MickeyD I was happy to move him if I could get younger, and Brohamer allows me to do that.
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild

4/12/2144

A trade has been completed between the Boston Pops and the New York Bumblebees. The New York Bumblebees receive Bill Flinn from the Boston Pops in exchange for Draft Pick - 2146 Round 2 (NYN).

Looks like Boston is all in on rebuild plans. In this case Bill Flinn just didn't have a home on the every day line-up and that's not good for the ongoing development of a OS27 player. I looked around the league for a few teams though he might be able to start on and NY and Boston got this done fairly quickly. Flinn moves right into NY's starting line-up and I get future value (we hope). Win win for both teams.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Several trades for the Knights - after many years of teetering around .500 - Chicago's core players were 29-32. We decided to make some moves and grab as many players in the same age range that could make an impact and out us over the hump. 6 seasons now since the expansion draft and Chicago can finally compete. We estimate our window to be 3-5 years.

Chicago used it's young assets we had developed from drafting and acquired two former MVP's with 3 MVP's between them and a combined 15 all star appearances among 7 players; all without moving any of our core players.

The last 3 MVPS's now play together for Chicago.

The following are additions:
http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=13193828 2 time mvp and 6 straight all star teams.
http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=13224375 1 time mvp and 3 time all star.
http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=13169724 2 time al star and 2 time gold glover.
http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=13273699 2 time all star.
http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=13558729 high caliber recent draft pick.
http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=13193778 2 time all star.
http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=13224333 High caliber starter in his prime.

We moved 2 valuable pieces - Mallette and Knowles that were in a younger age group, and several young, quality prospects as well as 2 first round picks. These moves with make Chicago a very competitive team for he 5 years and perhaps the team to be in the AL.
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

Trade #1687310 has been completed between the Brooklyn Bushwicks and the San Diego Padres. The San Diego Padres receive Draft Pick - 2145 Round 3 (BRO), Draft Pick - 2146 Round 2 (CHA) from the Brooklyn Bushwicks in exchange for Kelly Enwright. http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?mo ... d=13372344

Saw that Enwright was on the trade block and offered this for him because you can always use more catching. My current catcher Newcombe is killing lefties but riding the interstates against righties so we'll see what Enwright can do.
tworoosters

Schulte for Fukuda & a 3rd

Post by tworoosters »

5/23/2144

A trade has been completed between the Kansas City River Cats and the Los Angeles Miracles. The Los Angeles Miracles receive Taki Fukuda, Draft Pick - 2146 Round 3 (KC) from the Kansas City River Cats in exchange for Jim Schulte.

KC offered me this deal and initially I thought "why bother", Fukuda's no better than a number of guys I already had but then I saw his A+ endurance and thought.well you can never have too much mediocre starting pitching, plus I get another 3rd round pick in the 2146 draft, I now have three. Kansas City are reloading and Schulte has proven that, in limited exposure at least, he doesn't suck so why not.

As the experts say "it's a baseball trade" .
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

Major Renovation Work Underway in Beantown

7/10/2144

A trade has been completed between the Chicago Knights and the Boston Pops. The Boston Pops receive Paul Pasquella, Vic Berry, Brent Harris, Paul Smyth, Bob Simmons, Ren Geary, Draft Pick - 2146 Round 5 (CHA), Draft Pick - 2146 Round 4 (CHA) from the Chicago Knights in exchange for Ed "Timothy B." Schmidt, Tommy Crosby, Jack Dixon.

I've received very little interest in my vets with the exception of Chicago who has been persistent going after a few of my guys. So in a buyers market a seller has to listen. We went back and forth on a package deal and ultimately landed here. I get youth quantity (not necessarily "can't miss" quality) and now need to rely on major improves for the 4 young guys received (RPer Simmons, SPers Geary and Harris and 1B Smyth). The two vets give me some additional mentoring and should help keep us at least a bit competitive for the rest of the season. Chicago makes a strong team stronger.

Return to “Bob Horner League”