Lincoln was robbed ...........Again

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

tworoosters

Lincoln was robbed ...........Again

Post by tworoosters »

So last season, as I chronicled here, Jimmy Lincoln got robbed of the NL Gold Glove at SS because ABE can't figure out rounding and thinks older guys should win awards. But that's cool because the slight fueled Jimmy's hate fire and he came into the 2117 determined to show people that he was not only the top defensive SS in the NL but the top SS overall. Lincoln trained like a demon in the OS and came back to have a great offensive year that, despite only 135 games played, comfortably placed him as the All Star starter at SS.

Defensively Lincoln lead all SS in +/- while posting a huge RF of 4.95 and a fielding % of .982 and had a comfortable lead for the GG right up until game #162 when Ed Daubert played the full game and reached the 810 inning mark required to win the GG and swooped in to take the award away from Lincoln. Now I don't want to take away anything from Daubert's amazing record of 1 error in 816 innings at SS but let's go a little further into those numbers and you'll see that Daubert winning is kind of like Derek Jeter beating out Omar Vizquel, which actually happened in 2004.

In 816 innings Daubert made 418 plays with one error which sounds much better than Lincoln's horrible 12 error season, but in every 816 innings Lincoln played he would have made 457 plays and made 8 errors, so Lincoln would have created an additional 32 outs, or more than a full game of outs then toss in the fact that Lincoln made a + play every 63 innings compared to Daubert's one every 90 innings and the conclusion is clear ............Lincoln got robbed again.
Last edited by tworoosters on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hamilton2

Re: Lincoln was robbed ...........Again

Post by Hamilton2 »

Wow.

This is part of the reason that I never, ever look at defensive metrics/stats. That would be insanely aggravating!

Return to “Bob Horner League”