Worst All Star Starter Ever ?

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

tworoosters

Worst All Star Starter Ever ?

Post by tworoosters »

A little bored this afternoon so I was going through some old trades and discovered that former LA prospect Jack Patterson made his 3rd All Star team this year so clicked on the card and thought, yeah .292 average and LF is pretty weak in the NL, then I did a double take when I realized his BA was not .292 but was, in fact .229. Toss in his other rate stats and I have to think we might be looking the worst starting All Star ever.

As we all, should, know ABE doesn't consider rate stats for AS voting so it's often a health contest, which aids Patterson and his 152 starts a year. On the surface his 97 runs scored, 79 walks and 65 RBI look pretty decent but look a little closer and you will see that Patterson's slugging % and OPS were both 84th among 86 qualifiers and his big plus stat, OBP, was 70th .

Back when I really cared about the SIM and there were still developments happening I used to lobby for rate stats as a consideration in AS voting, this is why.
LannisG

Re: Worst All Star Starter Ever ?

Post by LannisG »

But he is really well liked...
dirtdevil

Re: Worst All Star Starter Ever ?

Post by dirtdevil »

the real life AS game is a health contest with emphasis on counting stats too. since that's what Tyson was trying to emulate, i'd say it works as intended.

(now if you wanted to discuss whether or not that was a good idea...)

Return to “Bob Horner League”