Late round picks

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

dirtdevil

Re: Late round picks

Post by dirtdevil »

tworoosters wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:11 pm
dirtdevil wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:20 am I know when I’m contending I sometimes stash guys like that in the minors on the small chance that I might need him as an emergency fill in. In that situation I personally would rather hang on to him and lose him than take the 4th round lottery ticket. If I’m not contending then those guys in my minors are potential future mentors and I’m much more likely to move them for minimal return
Stashed for 13 years ?
That's what you get for screwing around with the GMs daughter?
BigMacAttack

Post by BigMacAttack »

PhillyDynasty wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:47 am Personally, I have never acquired a fourth round draft pick--anything after the third has too little projected value, and my minors are usually full to the point where I cut my fourth and fifth round picks almost every year--sometimes even cutting my third too!
I don't think that I've ever offered a trade for just a 4th or 5th round pick. I will often throw 1 in if I've offered a bunch of deals out to various teams and only want to make 1 of the deals. That way if 1 team accepts a deal, all of the otters get cancelled and you don't accidentally make 2 deals because you couldn't get online and cancel a deal.

Right now I've got a few guys stashed - mostly replacement level (or maybe slightly worse) pitchers. But a large part of that is that I have very little prospect depth in my minors so have the room
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

The second of my rejected 4th round trade offers retired in the off season Brian Boehmer logged 91 games in the majors before being selected #62 in the 2115 expansion draft and then sitting in the minors for five years before retiring.

Return to “Bob Horner League”