Nice Effort by the Pops

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

tworoosters

Nice Effort by the Pops

Post by tworoosters »

Despite ABE's best efforts, injuring 5 pitchers in the last 5 weeks of the season, the Boston Pops finished strong winning their last five games to grab the American League wildcard spot.

Boston were aggressive in addressing their pitching woes, swinging three deals to acquire bullpen help and it paid off with their first post season appearance in over a decade. We all know the playoffs are a crap shoot so I congratulate Boston for making some efforts to get to have the dice in their hands.
4EverGreen

Re: Nice Effort by the Pops

Post by 4EverGreen »

TR, thnx! We all know how frustrating it is when ABE seems to have you in his sights. The fact that he injured all 3 of my acquired pitchers in the span of two weeks AT THE END OF THE SEASON (and they were acquired expressly to increase my chances to make the playoffs) was beyond maddening. But in the end maybe ABE felt bad?

Anyway it was a tight race for the final playoff spot with Chicago (coming down to game 162 to decide). I'm happy to have made it (as I'm sure Chicago is upset they aren't).

Onward...
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

I always like to see people who make moves rewarded.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

And the Pops are further rewarded for their efforts with a trip to the Fall Classic after what has to be considered a major upset in the ALCS.

And they got there by trading, what a unique concept in the BHL
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

Congrats on the American league pennant! Go get that ws trophy. :)
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

Hammy, thnx! Your team had my number during the regular season so I wasn't expecting to advance (but thrilled we are - it's been a LONG time). Good luck in the OS.
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

tworoosters wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:15 pm And the Pops are further rewarded for their efforts with a trip to the Fall Classic after what has to be considered a major upset in the ALCS.

Given my strong offense I figured this season was my best chance to make a run IF I strengthened my pitching. So far so good (but you need two to tango so thnx to Brooklyn, KC and Detroit for being willing partners).
Pierzynski

Post by Pierzynski »

Great season so far Pops! Good luck in the World Series.
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

tworoosters wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:15 pm And the Pops are further rewarded for their efforts with a trip to the Fall Classic after what has to be considered a major upset in the ALCS.

Come now. My teams are pretty much all built by trading.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

dirtdevil wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:39 pm

Come now. My teams are pretty much all built by trading.
Unless I've miscounted you've made 7 trades in the past 7 seasons which in the BHL I guess qualifies as a frequent trader

Return to “Bob Horner League”