Triple Crown

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

4EverGreen

Triple Crown

Post by 4EverGreen »

I'm pretty certain this is Boston's first Triple Crown winner in our history.

Art Faust achieved this milestone by putting up a career year in his last pre-decline season, smacking 36 dingers, driving in 134 runs and hitting .341 (all career highs by a wide margin). He's never been in a post season and he did all he could to make that a reality. How much further can he drive this ship?

Separate but related as good as a season as Rob Lovett had for Texas how did he beat our Faust for the MVP???
Last edited by 4EverGreen on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
tworoosters

Re: Triple Crown

Post by tworoosters »

Lovett won because he gets 130 points for being a 2B, Faust gets 0 as a LF, Lovett loses 100 points for being a previous MVP but gets back 100 for Texas winning 100+ games and gets 32 points for their 16 game lead. Lovett also had more hits, runs, walks, doubles and triples to help compensate for Faust's advantage in homers, RBI and net steals.

There is no bonus for winning the Triple Crown, likely because it has only happened once in MLB in the past 50 years, and even then the advanced stats folks complained when Cabrera won the MVP that year over Mike Trout, who is supposed to win every year :), because Trout's mythical WAR was higher .
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

TR, thnx for demystifying the MVP formula a bit. As I said, no issue with Lovett winning, he had a great year for a very good team. I just didn't understand all the variables.
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

Congrats on the triple town. A huge achievement in any league.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

Congrats on the triple crown. Lovett actually was a triple crown winner last season, so the boho al had back to back seasons of that magnitude. P pretty cool for Faust
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

I must've missed Lovett's Triple Crown last year. Back to back winners - now that's rare!
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

4EverGreen wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:43 pm I must've missed Lovett's Triple Crown last year. Back to back winners - now that's rare!
That's because he didn't. I'm a dork and misremembered. He led the league in ops but not avg.
4EverGreen

Post by 4EverGreen »

Impressive all the same!

Return to “Bob Horner League”