There may be a problem with the All Star voting if .....

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

tworoosters

There may be a problem with the All Star voting if .....

Post by tworoosters »

The guy who leads the entire league in average & OBP, while being second in OPS and 4th in slugging, is 5th in the National League 3B All Star voting.
BigMacAttack

Re: There may be a problem with the All Star voting if .....

Post by BigMacAttack »

I never even knew that you could click on the position to get a link to see the list for each position. Thanks for teaching me something today roosters. :lol:

That is rather bad though
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

BigMacAttack wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:54 pm I never even knew that you could click on the position to get a link to see the list for each position. Thanks for teaching me something today roosters. :lol:

That is rather bad though
He was, obviously, leading the voting before missing 20 games but since being back he's been on fire so I was a bit surprised when I got home tonight, checked the AS page and he wasn't at least the backup, so I opened the voting links and went WTF ??
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

counting stats matter in AS voting. you know this.

you can petition to have their impact lessened. or, you can buy a lottery ticket. we both know which of those actions is most likely to pay off.

(you're not wrong, btw. but it is what it is. given time, he'll catch up)
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

dirtdevil wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:20 am counting stats matter in AS voting. you know this.

you can petition to have their impact lessened. or, you can buy a lottery ticket. we both know which of those actions is most likely to pay off.

(you're not wrong, btw. but it is what it is. given time, he'll catch up)
Hey but there's a great new development that will enable us to steal home coming :roll:
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

Twice a year...…………………... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

dirtdevil wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:20 am counting stats matter in AS voting. you know this.

Please create a ticket for me so I at least have a record of the request. I don't normally look in the league folders; I stumbled on this thread by accident looking for something else.
tworoosters wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:56 pm Hey but there's a great new development that will enable us to steal home coming :roll:
So, here's a quick overview:

Tyson originally created the game. I eventually came on board to do user interface changes, create the football sim, etc., which grew into me essentially taking the entire site over.

Except that soft chewy center of the baseball simulation. That was still out of my reach.

Last fall, I finally got the keys to that last bit of code. Finding the steals of home bug and fixing it was a relatively innocuous way of getting my feet wet in the main code, a place I do NOT want to screw up as it's the bread and butter of the site.

So hopefully it's understandable that this first change with new hands in the code is relatively minor. The plus side is that I can actually make changes to the core game now.

Back to All Star voting: That's another one of Tyson's modules; I haven't looked in it yet. Doesn't mean I can't, of course; the issue is any changes we ever make to the All-Star formulas ends up being fought over, which is why we basically stopped tweaking this; it just wasn't worth the loss of goodwill. But it's not off the table either.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
tworoosters

Post by tworoosters »

Admin wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:26 am
Back to All Star voting: That's another one of Tyson's modules; I haven't looked in it yet. Doesn't mean I can't, of course; the issue is any changes we ever make to the All-Star formulas ends up being fought over, which is why we basically stopped tweaking this; it just wasn't worth the loss of goodwill. But it's not off the table either.
Chris
Hi Chris, this post was just one of my long standing rants about a stats based simulation that is overly reliant on counting stats, which when combined with unrealistic rewards/punishments for player health, creates a system that generally makes bad choices at the All Star spot. But given that MLB tends to make bad choices for the All Stars it's certainly not worth writing new code for.

Return to “Bob Horner League”