Seattle Loses League MVP for the Postseason

Discussions for the Bob Horner League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

PhillyDynasty

Seattle Loses League MVP for the Postseason

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Seattle, WA -- The Seattle Spurs announced today that MVP-leader and All-Star second baseman Warren Harshamn will miss the remainder of the season and the postseason with a broken wrist. A major blow for Seattle's chances to win the league in a season that saw them leapfrog perrenial playoff contender Texas for a likely postseason berth. Now that berth is in jeopardy as the Spurs are unable to add to their roster to fill the large hole that Harshman leaves. Seattle will now have to rely even more heavily on their league-leading pitching staff, as their average offense loses its biggest contributor.
Hamilton2

Re: Seattle Loses League MVP for the Postseason

Post by Hamilton2 »

Well this could get very interesting. Texas was 7 games back at the time of Harshmann's injury. We then swept SEA and narrowed the gap to 3 games with 19 to play. If we can get to our season closing series against the Spurs and be within 3 games I will be both shocked and grateful. Good luck down the stretch to BOS as well. This looks like a possible down-to-the-wire finish for once.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

Well, Boston, Toronto and Kansas City have ensured that we're sunk. Wow. What a dreadful finish by my team down the stretch.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Hamilton2 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:47 pm Well, Boston, Toronto and Kansas City have ensured that we're sunk. Wow. What a dreadful finish by my team down the stretch.
Texas and Seattle were tied for the second playoff spot eight games ago. Now, we again have a solid lead--5 games. Hopefully even my offense can hold that!
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

PhillyDynasty wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:13 am
Hamilton2 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:47 pm Well, Boston, Toronto and Kansas City have ensured that we're sunk. Wow. What a dreadful finish by my team down the stretch.
Texas and Seattle were tied for the second playoff spot eight games ago. Now, we again have a solid lead--5 games. Hopefully even my offense can hold that!
Spared the stress of a decisive series as SEA clinches with five games to play. Here's hoping our pitching staff can have a strong postseason run.

Return to “Bob Horner League”