NL Prediction Thread

Discussions for the Billy Hamilton League.
JTMoney

NL Prediction Thread

Post by JTMoney »

NL Prediction Thread

8. :| Cincinnati Raptors Owner: Weaver Last Season (33 129.204 78.0)

No reason to wait on the draft to post Cincy ….this years draft actually unkind to rebuilding teams as almost every team in the league will get a decent prospect no matter where you draft with a few landing major league ready imports. Cincy recognizing this traded out of the one hole and got a very good prospect and will use the later pick for another decent prospect as well as 2 what the heck mid twenty pitching prospects. Its going to be awhile before we can even tell how the rebuild is going Angelo Conti is a good catching prospect that has great health for a catcher but most of the prospects like Kahn its to early to tell but this management knows how to build a winner but it will take time.
1st Round Pick Grade: (A) Cincy got great overall value with trading the pick getting Conti who could be a top pick alone and 2 marginal pitchers that could turn into serviceable pitchers add in Britton with the 13th pick (I had him ranked 12th) and this was a very good haul for this draft of course u would rather have a top young pitcher but wasn't an option and Cincy will have a few more years to grab some young pitching phenoms

7. :cry: Milwaukee Hurricanes 0wner: Dynasty Bot Last Season (69 93 .426 42).

This team is without a captain right now so for now it is without a plan. In all honesty it needs to get into Rebuild mode sooner than later ...Barrett and Belk make up a good middle infield but probably need to be moved for some rebuilding pieces, Mitchell could fetch a decent price as far as pitchers go. The minor league system is in more of a crisis than the majors as there are no real prospects to tempt an owner to take this team. Hopefully an owner will take this challenge as now is actually a good time to be rebuilding in this top heavy National league.
Draft Grade :( B+) Leitner was a decent pick at 4 (I had him 10th) but he will be stuck at 1B his entire career due to poor range and arm but I thought the draft was salvaged getting Polivka with the 20 pick (I had him 14th) he could become an every day major leaguer

6. 8-) Colorado C-Sox Owner: Husker48 Last Season (67 95 .414 44.0)

This rebuild is on the right track with young stars Almora and Ripa and up and comers like Bando and Stanton tearing up the minors, the challenge for Colorado will be to get the pitching up to speed with the hitting. They are building a staff of adequate pitchers at the moment and maybe by the time they are ready to compete adding a few veteran arms through trade or getting the most out of the arms they have will suffice. Either way you can Bet Husker will continue to climb the ranks each season as other teams age a bit.

Draft Grade: (A-) Halladay a great pick at 3 (I had him 4th) with endurance and health and potential to become a 2nd or 3rd starter and a decent second round pick

Arizona Rattlers Owner: CT_Eagle 74 88 .457 37.0
This team will be right at 500 this year and is headed in the right direction and will be close in catching Miami Solly Jones continues to grow and a supporting cast of Nagy Eckert and Parker could push them to 4th. George Sherry makes his long awaited debut of George Sherry who will challenge for ROY. The pitching in the minors is developing nicely and this team is on the right track

4. Miami A Team Owner: mrtwolff 81 81.500 30.0
Management continues to be committed to winning but the pitching has dried up still talented enough with McCallister at catcher and Baez at SS to hang on to 4th and if they add a pitcher or 2 they might approach 3rd but I doubt it as the moves they have made didnt seem to make a difference. The minors are bare but Bradley is a young All Star who could be the center of a rebuild or could fetch a veteran haul in trade we will see if Miami management stays committed to winning.

3. Philadelphia Cubs Owner: mjlee555 108 54.6673.0
Philly went for it and it paid off last year and at first glance there is no reason to think they couldn't compete with Matsui, Metvier and Allanson leading an offense that has no cracks so why 3rd? Pitching looks ok with Manning and Pless and Gio closing but the pitching overall doesn't match up with NY or Atlanta ….Cuppy will be an important piece if he can stay healthy as he helps keep AtL and NY from running wild , they could finish 1st, 2nd or third but their pitching in my mind slides them to 3rd.

2. Atlanta Architects Owner: ratman44 111 51.685
They won it all so now they can relax, well they added pieces in Kuczek and Mitchell to negate any decline but did they actually improve No but did they need to probably not Purnall and company continue to run and will be a playoff team but could it be out of the 2 hole. McQuinn is the most impressive youngsters, this could end up bulletin board material.

New York Opossum Nation Owner: JTMoney 105 57 .6486.0
A total collapse at the end of the negated the MVP triple Crown Season of Cheddar Bob but he will produce again and Smith and Darnold are #1 pitchers to go with the true Ace Buffalo Stewart, this prediction is based on the fact that the Nation wont have another collapse but also that they were the only one of the big 3 that significantly improved. Lefty Lorenzen is beginning to slip at catcher and NY will open the season with 4 catchers on the roster. This is the year well maybe lol

Will continue this later today
Last edited by JTMoney on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ratman44

Re: NL Prediction Thread

Post by ratman44 »

You can grade part of Cincy’s first round pick. That was a decent trade as it brought back a lot of depth pieces.
JTMoney

Post by JTMoney »

I will consider the trade for sure when I grade it out...these type of drafts are unfortunate for rebuilding teams but I believe Cincy did the right thing
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

I enjoyed the past 4 drafts in the JJL as they were 3 deep and my team was terrible. So there were only 2-3 teams that have really benefited from them. That league is crazy deep though. There is a bot team which has 2 under 30 A overall pitchers.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

:idea: :idea: :idea:
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

At the 1/3 pole it looks like Abe put it on the BB in Atlanta.

Then Smith and Darnold are great pitchers but I would not call them number ones. The guys that taught me this game said to shoot to have A-/A- guys as your number 4 and 5 spot maybe number 3 if the pitching is weak. Of my 4 teams A-/A- isn’t better than 3rd on any of them. Now they can both grow into something more but this season which your write up is for they are A-/A-. I would take Kuczek for this season over either of those guys. In 2 years it is a different story but this year I will take the 3 time AL CY winner.
JTMoney

Post by JTMoney »

Yea I think I am thinking of what they will be and I even told on myself with the description of Buffalo when I said the true Ace, or the fact they would be #1 on some teams

Return to “Billy Hamilton League”