2nd round Picks

Discussions for the Billy Hamilton League.
JTMoney

2nd round Picks

Post by JTMoney »

How come when you offer a second round pick to someone it is worthless but then you turn around and try and acquire one it is now a valuable commodity lol
Weaver

Re: 2nd round Picks

Post by Weaver »

A GREAT point! I guess it depends on how astute a drafter one is....????

Weaver
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

It would help if there were actual players in the second round. Sometimes the draft is 8-9 players deep and then a late first is useless.
CT_Eagle

Post by CT_Eagle »

2nd rounders are tough. You are really taking a gamble on getting a quality player in the 2nd round, especially if you are a playoff team. I usually do not put any value in them unless the draft class has been released and I see some potential. That doesn't mean I will give the pick away for nothing though. I have had several players taken in the 2nd pan out so I would want some value back for a 2nd.
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

I am not in this league but the original post made me laugh and is so true in all Dynasty Leagues. The same commentary could be made for 3rd picks. I went through several seasons of draft results for leagues I am in and about 1/3 of 3rd picks were released just after the draft occurred. Just after the start of season 2, with the selection of the next draft class, over 60% of 3rders from the previous class get released. 2nd rounders did fair much better, almost all made the cut after the draft (I think it was around 5% got cut?) but the subsequent year about 1/4-1/3 get released (can't remember exact percent).

Return to “Billy Hamilton League”