Vetoing of trades......

Discussions for the Billy Hamilton League.
husker48

Vetoing of trades......

Post by husker48 »

I want to post one thing.... And it's my personal opinion..... I came to this league because there was a HUGE BREW-HA-HA in the Mantle League over the equality of trades.... We had a couple of owners that thought if trades didn't go to their satisfaction, cheating was involved.... I happened to be involved in one of them, and I tried to explain to the said couple of owners that all owners don't see talent the same way.... There was three trades in a row that were overturned and one owner is now not allowed to trade AT ALL, TO ANYONE.....Why he stays in that situation is beyond me. Two or three owners dropped out of the league and Admin moved my payments to this league. I do still participate in Mantle League because it took me years to rebuild that team and it's finally winning, but by said owners I've been told if I ever win he will put asterisks on my team winning (the threat was pretty childish, but who would ever think that they are above all others in that league).....I've told Admin I'll pay and run that team as long as said owners do not cause more trouble
With this being said, all trades aren't equal and all owners are not looking for the same things.....this truly is a quick way to divide a league..... This IS JUST A GAME.....I do not condone cheating or collusion, but their is a learning curve to running a team and I'm sure we've all made trades we'd LOVE to have back...... Again this is my personal opinion, but this is the quickest way for owners to have raw feelings and then start wondering out loud why so and sos trade got over turned but so and sos didn't. A quick way to a league with many DYNASTY BOTS.....

I've enjoyed my short time here..... So, just think about it..... I've seen first hand what this can do

C - Sox
Weaver

Re: Vetoing of trades......

Post by Weaver »

Fair comments. I've been doing Dynasty for YEARS and the BHL since the 1955 season. I have seen what you describe and I don't want this league to go down that road. This has been the best Sim Dynasty League I have ever been in.

That said - I posted my concerns about the Eldred trade and I stand by those concerns.

However...If we end up voting whether to veto the trade or not....and if we do, if we end up vetoing it or not....as far as I am concerned, it will be over. This IS just a game and this IS a great league and I, for one, will move on. This is not a very big deal to me one way or the other...and I hope everyone else will feel the same way.

Weaver
JTMoney

Post by JTMoney »

I have been in this league since 55 as well and know what Weaver is talking about it became about who was trading not what the actual trade was meant to do for each team. Teams have different strategy and there is a big difference in rebuilding and reloading with that said I do not mind the process and will vote on each trade based on the actual trade and look at what may be the rationale or motive doesn't matter if I think it is a good or bad trade as long as I can see something in the trade for both teams and don't believe their is some alternative motive. I will vote and then I am done that is what the process is here for. I always vote I never abstain as to me that is just not really involving yourself in the process and that's not what the process is here for....so however it turns out I am fine
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

How short was the trade in question?
mjlee555

Post by mjlee555 »

I did not vote to reverse the trade, but since you ask, I am just not sure why you would make that trade at all. Basically, each was trading two players about the same age and you got the lesser player in each case. I guess you would need to explain to us what exactly you like about the players you were going to acquire vs those you gave up.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

forget I asked then.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

13 of you could vote on a trade but not all on the HOF? Wow!
meat1968

Post by meat1968 »

I replied to the actual HOF message, but for some reason it doesn't show up under new messages (league standings section).

Just wanted to apologize for not voting. I normally take part in all league related votes and greatly appreciate the effort it takes putting it together.

My bad - either I'm getting old or am playing in one too many leagues.
YanksGiants2011

Post by YanksGiants2011 »

What I want to know is why am I not allowed to trade with KC at all anymore, I was offered a trade in what I assume was good faith and accepted, I challenge anyone who voted to overturn to say they wouldn't have done the same thing, I have much more of a problem being blocked from trading with another owner than with the trade being overturned, whos to say we couldn't redo the deal to satisfy the cry babies out there who didn't like it, if this is the way this league is going to work then I want out, who is the commish? so I can ask to be credited back for the future seasons I have renewed for or put my team up for sale, in the mean time if this is how this league plays, I can play that way too, I have never been one who even looks at trades between other teams, I figure its their business as to why and who they trade and seriously doubt that even 1% of the players make trades for nefarious reasons.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

I blocked the trades. I sent a PM to him. I just didn't want a bunch of offers that you tend to get after the league vetoes a trade. It is not on anymore send away.

Return to “Billy Hamilton League”