Sosa offers

Discussions for the Billy Hamilton League.
JTMoney

Sosa offers

Post by JTMoney »

Sorry if I offended anyone with the Sosa offers I sent out but 31 year Old A pitchers cost especially when your not in fire sale mode and your team is just a few years away from contending, I thought some of you with aging rosters that are contending may be willing to pay premium price, Ive explained Im willing to hang on to him because I will be in the mix shortly, anyway just wanted to explain the asking price
CT_Eagle

Re: Sosa offers

Post by CT_Eagle »

No need to explain. I have found it very difficult in this league to trade anyone over 28 for decent value. If you look on the site message board you will routinely see recommendations that a 28 YO A- or A player should return 2 pieces in a trade. Usually a young prospect and a first round pick. I have not had much luck in this league getting two pieces unless one of those pieces is a useless 3rd round pick or a mediocre 24 YO
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

I am spoiled, because I am used to my speed league where everybody is playing to win, they aggressively trade for people.

I traded a 30 year old A overall SP with an F health A- OF, for 2 prospects and 3 first round picks. Both prospects I flipped to get more first round picks. Got really unlucky at the drafts though, and have only turned 1 championship out having 2 or more first round picks in 6 straight years.

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=11922977

But I have found the value in the dynasty leagues to be very different. You have to get what you can get, I guess. but it really depends on the league.
husker48

Post by husker48 »

Then you do all that explaining.....and what do you do??

Trade Sosa for a SOCCER PLAYER turned RP....... W T F

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :D
JTMoney

Post by JTMoney »

Didn't even notice that lol ..... The deal was ok I got a reliever so I think my pen will be alright but still will be a little light on starters love to see Oscar Night magically improve to an A- at 30 years old.....I got a younger 4th OFer in the deal as well in Longmire whos health almost forces him to be a 4th ofer.......Be interesting to see if my pitching will take form because my offense is going to be really good a lot of speed and Power

Return to “Billy Hamilton League”