1931 Draft I gave up the #1 Pick

Discussions for the Billy Hamilton League.
JTMoney

1931 Draft I gave up the #1 Pick

Post by JTMoney »

http://simdynasty.com/draftpref.jsp?mode=res&year=2031

I gave up the #1 Pick but this draft has really helped lay the foundation (I think it was a good trade for Both as I needed so much at this time Atl didn't)

Atl took Purnell Johnson with the #1 pick and he is already onw of the league best hes 26

I got MoMo Rivera with the 8th pick (54 saves so far 1 BS) hes only 25
Fiddler Castro at #11 and he is going to be in the Rotation for years hes 27
and Salsa Cruz who lacks power but has blazing speed already 3 time AS and ROY hes 29
those were the pieces i got in the trade

In second Round (17th Pick) I scored Lefty Lorenzo who is a solid catcher although overweight 29
3rd Round Fly Barrett who can well Fly but he is strictly a PR on this team who is loaded in the OF he could probably platoon on another team against lefties 29
husker48

Re: 1931 Draft I gave up the #1 Pick

Post by husker48 »

That's probably what Ill do if I land the first pick this upcoming draft, if there are any takers

Trade down and fill holes..... The C-Sox have PLENTY
ratman44

Re: 1931 Draft I gave up the #1 Pick

Post by ratman44 »

I had CP issues at the time also, and there was no mature player worth a first to me, so it made sense to shoot for the moon.

Salsa would have definitely been a person passed over and left to rot on my roster had he not been traded.

I traded for the "greatest pitcher of all-time", or at least he should have been (he was A+/A+) that had endurance issues (Started as an F endurance like Rivera) and he struggled to put up good numbers due to tiring out. He was the biggest disappointment in simdynasty history.

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=119 ... rimps=past

So I was down on Rivera for that reason. Now If you look at Green's Stats, maybe if he was a closer the whole time he would have been better. I had him late in his career and turned him into a decent closer.

Return to “Billy Hamilton League”