NL Prediction Thread

Discussions for the Billy Hamilton League.
JTMoney

NL Prediction Thread

Post by JTMoney »

8th - Colorado will once again hold down the 8th spot and honestly that's exactly where they want to be right now stockpiling picks and prospects as they are in rebuild mode. Their most talented player may actually be McMannus but with serious injury problems he may more suited to be a 4th OFer than a centerpiece. The left side of the infields future looks bright with Baez and McGlauphlin but for now Colorado will continue the rebuild.

7th- Arizona will remain at 7 but there is a lot to be optimistic about Versatile Cather Solly Jones is Improving everyday and when he adds a little strength to his offensive game he will be one of the leagues best catchers. Eckert is the veteran that could lead this team to a higher finish if he has an explosive season and we will see how much youngsters Parker and Nagy can improve.....the problem looks to be lack of quality young pitching prospects other than Sherry who will probably end up in the bullpen but could stretch out to be a starter... IF AZ can find some young arms or some of the mediocre arms they have make a huge jump they could be a team on the rise with a solid young foundation

6th- Milwaukee (What first splash) Ok Milwaukee came into the league and finished a very respectable 4th and pitching looks to be Ok but they have 3 starters getting ready to be eligible for Social Security these players decline along with players like Carleton and Skippy alexander coming on to the scene will be the reason for the backwards step, the owner now has a since of the league and some retooling will be needed.

5th-Miami (From 3rd to 5th) Honestly 2 to 5 is hard the Miami squad has 2 legitimate Aces which made it hard for me to put them this low but I have a hard time seeing where the offense is going to come from to keep up with the better offensive teams, tough decisions may come in Miami as those 2 aces could yield fruit for a rebuild. This one will be decided by the start are they buyers or sellers for the trade market

4th-Philly The Frontline pitching with Pless and Manning make this a team that could make a push for the playoffs now if they get enough offense they added Matsui last season and if he catches fire and others contribute we could see this team closer to the top than the middle, the bullpen could use a few better options as well but this team is trending upwards.

3rd- New York (NL) After over achieving 2 years ago and giving the impression they were a little ahead of where they actually were NY took a step back and finished 500 this forced ownership to go out and get some young pitching that probably still a year away but a potent offense could cover up some of that inefficiency just like it did 2 years ago, now armed with Stewart, Bam Donald and addition of young JR Smith we will see where the Nation is at. The offense should be great again lead by the Explosive Mantle and steady Cheddar Bob Burress still a very deep offensive team even though they loss Matsui

2nd Cincy (Maybe lol) Pitching hanging on as Sadler comes back for another season, this should be the last opportunity for Cincy to make the playoffs before NY or Philly overtake them. Weaver usually plays it out if he has a chance so wouldn't be surprised if he adds a piece or two. We will see if Webb can have another big year and if the old guys can still hit, Has a little bit of an issue at Catcher that could see this 2nd place finish drop as Atlanta and NY both have great team speed we will see if that plays out

1st Atlanta Right now hands down the best team hopefully the gap is narrowing and we can chase Atlanta and speedy Purnal down sooner than later. Pitching rotation is top notch which helps ease the pen who only needs a few good arms,,,,,Woody taylor is a player to watch and Purnal is running to he HOF, this team has several more years of topping the division unless someone drastically improves

More to come
CT_Eagle

Re: NL Prediction Thread

Post by CT_Eagle »

Great write up JT. I love ready prediction threads and thank you for taking the time to put this together.

I mostly agree with your comments regarding Ari other than I may be a little more optimistic in my 3 young SPs in the minors than you are. It will take a few more seasons to see how they pan out.
Nightwalker

Post by Nightwalker »

How about the AL?????
mrtwolff

Post by mrtwolff »

That was fun!! Oh.. and we definitely will not be 5th. I mostly agree with the assessment but we will find a way to make a run.
JTMoney

Post by JTMoney »

Yea looks like I got you and Cincy mixed up....should of known when in doubt go with pitching....honestly had a hard time with 2 to 5 usually there is clear separation but not right now. Your right you wont finish 5th but 4th is still a good possibility but then again so is 2nd lol....looks like your team is responding to the bulletin board motivation glad I could help

Return to “Billy Hamilton League”