Earn your way in

Discussions for the Billy Hamilton League.
ratman44

Earn your way in

Post by ratman44 »

Both races for second should be fabulous.

With 12 to go NYN has to face in Order 4th place Miami -5 back, 3rd place Philadelphia - 4 back, Then 5th place Milwaukee and 1st place Atlanta.

Miami just finished a homestand which saw it go 3-3 vs Atlanta and Miami, so the final nine for Miami includes a home series against last place Cincy before going on the road to Arizona and 2nd to last Colorado. The next 3 at NYN will be key to its chances to make it.

Philly is at last place Cincy before coming home to play NY before heading to Atlanta then ending with 3 in the city of brotherly love with Arizona.

The AL Has Chicago clinging to a 2 game lead for the final playoff berth, with KC breathing down their necks. The final series could be entertaining as CHA ends it season in Kansas City.
meat1968

Re: Earn your way in

Post by meat1968 »

And ABE decided it would be more fun to take away my ace pitcher throughout the AL division playoffs...not that we would have beaten the boys in the attic even with Gallo.

It's nice to have a shot at the playoffs again - it's been a while - but it ain't over till it's over and KC is still mathematically in the mix.

Good luck to all down the stretch!!!
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

It comes down to the final series in both leagues.
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

Could be a 3 way tie!!! Heading into the final game NY is one game ahead of both Philadelphia and Miami.
meat1968

Post by meat1968 »

Phew! Whole lotta sweatin' to make the playoffs only to get our Italian American a$$es handed to us by the boys north of the border tomorrow...

Good luck to those guys fighting it out in the NL!!!
JTMoney

Post by JTMoney »

Yea I sweated it out to and have very little chance of winning the playoff series or heck even a game but glad to have the opportunity I thought when Miami beat ne out for McCallister it was a done deal but hey the Oppossum Nation fought hard now if I can get these young pitchers some imnprovements might be more of a threat
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

Well with ABE the best team doesn’t always win.
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

What I don't get in this game is how a dominant pitcher can literally not be able to get anyone out in the playoffs.

I guess it takes the streak of leading the league in Batting average and ERA to 0-8 for my teams.

Congrats JT, a lot of things went your way in that series. a 2 out double past the gold glove 1B who is plus 9 on the season.

The B- arm OF throwing out Johnson who is 100 speed at the plate trying to score from first on a double.

This team as constructed isn't good enough to win I guess.

Had the same issue in the RHL, where my A/A ace gives up 4 runs in the first in both of his games. That is when you know it isn't meant to be. Although the team I lost to in the RHL is the better team, tip of the old hat to Meat for putting together a terrorizing line-up.

Return to “Billy Hamilton League”