Good Luck to All the Playoff Teams

Discussions for the Billy Williams League.

Moderators: BigRich, mhollidaze

BigRich

Good Luck to All the Playoff Teams

Post by BigRich »

Cleveland won the Division by only 1 game over Oakland and was 13-11 against them in the regular season. San Diego won by 9 over Montreal and was 15-9 against them in the regular season. But, in a short series anything can happen and we wish everyone luck and hope they have fun in the playoffs. The one thing we do know is that there will be a different World Series Champion this year. My team must have celebrated too much. Wait till next year!
historymann49

Re: Good Luck to All the Playoff Teams

Post by historymann49 »

Thanks, Rich.
mhollidaze

Post by mhollidaze »

Two good battles going on in NLCS and the ALCS. Since we are in the AL, BigRich Detroit and I with Washington, I was monitoring Oakland all season. We were both tailing them most of the season. And then battling with each other for 3rd, great job Rich. What a surge for Oakland to come that close to Cleveland. I suspect Cleveland and Oakland were jockeying their lineups for the Playoffs as Detroit played Cleveland and we played Oakland in the final regular season series and both of us took 2 out 3.

Great job by all Playoff teams and hopefully the WS will be the same battle. Good luck everyone.

Mike
fredbirds

Post by fredbirds »

Thanks for the support, but Oakland has the better team and truthfully when season started I had a goal of 85 wins for my Cleveland squad
NoelDenuyst

Post by NoelDenuyst »

Another epic battle between the Orioles and Bandits in the NLCS. I believe they outhit us in every game, yet we managed to find a way to win, but it could have gone either way. We went on to win the WS after winning the LCS in seven two years ago, let's hope that history repeats itself, but I know Oakland will play us tough.
kswetnam

Post by kswetnam »

The playoff blues continue for the Bandit franchise.

In my 39 years with the organization, we have made the playoffs 17 times, but we have only made the World Series 5 times.

I guess I need to look into my "playoff settings"
kswetnam

Post by kswetnam »

Weird Stat for the NLCS:

In our game 6 loss, we had 4 runners thrown out at the plate!!
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Congrats to the Mann of History! Awesome job! 20 seasons in and you have a ring, congrats as well to the other playoff teams...
The Land of Pleasant Living
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

Thanks. The team played really well, at just the right time, against two very good teams. My congratulations to Cleveland and Montreal for their accomplishments throughout the season and hard-fought playoffs.
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

Congrats History Man...……….. :D

Return to “Billy Williams League”