Wow...This is Ugly!

Discussions for the Billy Williams League.

Moderators: BigRich, mhollidaze

kswetnam

Wow...This is Ugly!

Post by kswetnam »

Check out this beat down that Detroit it giving me.

My boys have been ravaged by injuries, but this is a total ass whippin :)
BigRich

Re: Wow...This is Ugly!

Post by BigRich »

It was a pleasant surprise to even get in the World Series. Beanball's Boston was the best team in the A.L. I just got lucky in a short series against them. I was 10-14 against them in the regular season. We just hit well during the playoffs. I knew to win the World Series my team was going to have to continue to hit well too but they produced way more than I expected. In the 5 WS games we batted .313, hitting 10 doubles 4 triples and 9 HR's and scored 41 runs. That's way more run support than my pitching staff is used to. Your team surprisingly only batted .228 hitting 2 doubles and 6 HR's. You batted .297 vs. Brooklyn in your playoffs. (Not sure the reason for the WS fall off. Breaking curfew? Partying? Assuming the Detroit staff was going to be bad. We were 9th and you 10th in pitching during the season.) During the regular season I was tied with Boston for hitting ave. at .278 and you were 4th at .273 though my team did lead the league in HR's as a team this year. Your team and mine when healthy were not much different in pitching or hitting and your team was far and away a better fielding team than mine too. My team just hit during the series and your hitting went south then. Our condolences on that and our congratulations on your getting to the WS beating a tough Brooklyn team. This is our 2nd World Series title in the BWL and we will savor it. Good luck to everyone in the draft.

Return to “Billy Williams League”