Cleveland Rockers

Discussions for the Billy Williams League.

Moderators: BigRich, mhollidaze

fredbirds

Cleveland Rockers

Post by fredbirds »

You may put the Rockers up for sale. We are opening 2 more stores in the next year and my free time is dwindling. Dropping down to 4 teams total now. I don't like the wheel draft, too hard to rebuild which is why I chose to give up this team.

Jeff
mhollidaze

Re: Cleveland Rockers

Post by mhollidaze »

Jeff,
Hate to see you leave. One of the original owners of the BWL with 81 seasons, you will be missed. Your team is listed for sale.

Glad to hear your business is doing well.

Thanks and good luck with your new stores,
Mike
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

Not fair Fredbirds. I expected to leave long before you ever did. You will be very much missed.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Dang Jeff this stinks! You were one of the first owners that I competed with in the Ralph Kiner in 2007ish, that was a fun way to start my sim career with some quality owners (I still remember releasing an os18 semi-stud hitter and you reached out to me to gently inform me of my error hehehe).

I have competed with you in the Ralph Kiner, Vada Pinson, Derek Jeter, Wilbur Wood, Jeter Wood, Sam Crawford, Dale Murphy, Luis Aparicio, and here in the Billy WIlliams (I might have missed a league, we sure have played in a lot!) for many, many seasons, you always have been a quality owner that I have enjoyed negotiating with and making lots of deals (that helped both of us).

Thanks as well for helping me when I became commish of the DML, I appreciated your invaluable help at the time.

I am in the same mode with the sim being down to 2 teams (with my own sim retirement a real possibility), good luck in the rest of your leagues and with DQ, I hope we cross paths again in the sim world my friend---John
The Land of Pleasant Living
fredbirds

Post by fredbirds »

Guys put Cleveland back up for sale. I am hanging it up for good this time. Always been great fun here with lots of guys I have played with in other leagues. We are working on another restaurant again and time just isn't there to keep up with everything anymore. Hope you find someone who will take care of one of my original babies for me.

Jeff

Return to “Billy Williams League”